autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car wash times

Post Thanks / Like

Car wash times

Using this car as the longest time it can possibly take me to wash a vehicle:

I start with the inside. 1st I remove the carseat from the backseat, thoroughly vacuum the interior to level 10. After that clean the interior side of the windshield, and then clean & condition the whole interior [leather & vinyl] with Megs D180. The coarse texture of MB Tex makes this more of a chore than usual because it requires a more thorough rub in order to fully condition that surface.

Once I'm done with the interior I start on the wheels & tires. Then wash the car, drying aid with whatever works in the hot sun because I'm Always washing this black car in the hot sun.

Blow dry the crevasses, wipe down the doorjambs, clean all the glass, spot check for any water spots or streaks.. Hyper Dress the tires and also the windshield cowl. Spray Megs D4510 on the lower half of the honeycomb grill and the rear valance.. Wipe down the trunk jamb. And finally vacuum the childs car seat real quik.

And at the very longest this car takes 2hrs. Having to work in the dead sun and it being black adds to the chore, But like GSKR said, it's damn near fully detailed when I'm done with it. Level 10 status Car wash times

My own car? 1hr. give or take a few minutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car wash times

My Basic Wash package below I will do in an hour to hour and a half. Not listed is the drying air / wax I use (D156). Seems to be a good time allotment.

WASH & DRY
    Thorough wash with an high quality auto shampoo and dry with combination of microfiber drying towels and forced air.

WHEELS CLEANED
    Wheel surfaces are cleaned to remove tough baked on brake dust and road grime that can lead to damage to polished areas.

TIRE DRESSING
    Tires & Wheelwells are cleaned and dressed to a deep black luster with silicone and solvent free dressings that are approved by all tire brands.

THOROUGH VACUUMING
    Complete interior is vacuumed with a variety of nozzles to maximize dirt and debris removal.

INTERIOR UV PROTECT AND DRESSING
    Dash, front door panels and center console are cleaned and a UV protectant dressing is applied. It leaves your interior looking like new with a non greasy look and feel.

GLASS CLEANED INSIDE AND OUT
    All glass is thoroughly cleaned inside and out, including mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes me hours just to do the outside.....being old and achy kinda sux.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

I had to let one of my customers go 2 weeks ago.I really don't do washes I had 4 vehicles a month.1 Tahoe 1 Mercury mountaineer and a cla merc and a huge Lexus suv.The client with the big Lexus suv was just to time consuming along with his daughters cla.He bought it 2 months ago and I did it twice and ask myself what am I doing even though I was getting 60.00 to wash spray wax vac the whole bit,it just took to long to do and it's big and black.so now I got the Tahoe which is tan the Mercury which is spotless for its age and a gtr near my house.Got a call from a lady with a new vw bug and a new Lexus suv funny,I turned them down I'm just way to busy messing around with car washes.The the 2 suv's that I have take 3 hrs and 30 min and get 120.00.Along with that they don't call and pester me about when I'm coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I had to let one of my customers go 2 weeks ago.I really don't do washes I had 4 vehicles a month.1 Tahoe 1 Mercury mountaineer and a cla merc and a huge Lexus suv.The client with the big Lexus suv was just to time consuming along with his daughters cla.He bought it 2 months ago and I did it twice and ask myself what am I doing even though I was getting 60.00 to wash spray wax vac the whole bit,it just took to long to do and it's big and black.so now I got the Tahoe which is tan the Mercury which is spotless for its age and a gtr near my house.Got a call from a lady with a new vw bug and a new Lexus suv funny,I turned them down I'm just way to busy messing around with car washes.The the 2 suv's that I have take 3 hrs and 30 min and get 120.00.Along with that they don't call and pester me about when I'm coming.
    You have to do what you have to do when time is money.

Sounds like a smart decision to me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hooked up that same black car I posted about earlier.. except this time all the customer wanted was the exterior cleaned real quik.

I did a waterless wash with Megs D115 and was completely done in 25min.
    Quik wipedown of the wheels with D114 and a microfiber
    Hyper Dressing on tires
    D114 to clean the windows

Only used one 24"x36" towel + another small 16"x16" dry microfiber for the final wipe.

[It's dirty on both sides]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

A rinseless or waterless washer is a lot faster. If I'm using 2BM and a hose, it'll take me an hour or so to fully wash the car, clean the door jams, chemically decon the entire exterior and dress the tires, no interior involved. if I go with rinseless method, it'll take me an hour to wash the car, wipe down the interior and the jams, as well as dress the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

it takes me from the time i start until the sun goes down, there's always more i want to do

Post Thanks / Like

Are ya'll pre-foaming ....

I don't use the foamer for regular hose, which accounts for 70% of the time on how I wash
    I'll use the PW every now and then...and then I'll use the foamer for that

However, aside from adding alot of foam, which sorta aids in keeping the lubricity as I go per panel, it's only when the cars are f1lty enough to warrant it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12