autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Interior Cleaners Any Good?

Hey guys, how are you?

I always wondered about these interior cleaners and how good they are. So, I clean my car interior frequently because I value a beautiful, clean, well sanitized interior. I donīt eat in my car and donīt allow anyone to do so, so it never gets really dirty. Normally all I can see is a bunch of dust after a couple of weeks and some oily finger marks on the black piano dashboard.

Having that said, all I do to clean my interior is to wipe it with a damp microfiber and drying with another one. For the oily dashboard I use a quick detailer or a very diluted APC when itīs more greasy. Then I follow up with the application of a plastic dressing made for interiors to give it a matte shine and protect the plastic.

I never felt the necessity to use a specific interior cleaner due to this low amount of dirt. Would a interior cleaner provide any other benefit that I don't have with water?

Thanks =)

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are Interior Cleaners Any Good?

As the Doc says, "If it ain`t broke, don't fix it." However; you could streamline your whole process and just use something like Meguiars`s Quik Interior Detailer. It cleans and leaves a little something behind.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spielwurfel View Post
    all I do to clean my interior is to
    wipe it with a damp microfiber
    and drying with another one.

For the oily dashboard I use a quick
    detailer or a very diluted APC when
    itīs more greasy.

Then I follow up with the application
    of a plastic dressing made for interiors
    to give it a matte shine and protect
    the plastic.
    What causes the dashboard to
    get oily and greasy...and not the
    other interior components?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

What if you take any decent interior cleaner and wipe it down after your normal procedure....do you think it would make a difference?

I'm thinking it probably would.

I've seen some interiors that looked clean & uniformed, but only because it's uniformly dirty; light layer of buildup over time. lol

Not knocking your regiment. Just food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Try McKees Fast Interior Detailer. It's made for light cleaning like dust and fingerprint removal.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat...my interior rarely gets dirty...mostly just dusty on the dashboard. Still, I use Meguiars Natural Shine...nice mild smell, light cleaning capability, leaves a nice matte finish behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Blackfire Interior Cleaner and Interior Protectant when I clean the interiors on my AMGs, both of which work wonderfully. I like the fact that they're safe for pretty much any surface, unlike some APCs that can cause discoloring or other ill effects. On cars like these, I'm not going to take a chance with APCs, even on a test spot.
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Post Thanks / Like

How about SEALING it. Then alls you really need is Just a wet microfiber to keep it clean. Any spills will just come right off. And a Sealant like WG Cockpit Trim sealant will also do an Excellent job of Repelling Dust. I've had Wcts on my dash, vinyl, and leather for 8 months. I just cleaned it all off recently just for the sake of reapplying it and some spots seemed to fade a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Interior cleaner or detailer? I just got and like the Griots Interior Cleaner. As far as detailers go I like the Adams stuff, if Meguiar's got their problem figured out with QID I like that too.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I've become a fan of McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant and use it once a month or so when cleaning up the interior. However, no matter how clean you keep the car, I believe you need to "deep clean" some of the surfaces like seats, steering wheels, and shift knobs, just to keep the material in good condition. My cleaner of choice was a safely diluted APC, but I'm going to try McKee's 37 All In One Leather Lotion this go around.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast