autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Detail Rig Build - Ford Transit Connect 2011

Hi guys,

I'm a long time lurker, but have been detailing ever since I got my GG6 kit 6 years ago. Now that I have graduated college and have good work life balance I decided to go into detailing to fulfill a hobby and make some toy money. I used money from my real job to go head first into professional detailing.

I bought the van with 100k miles for $7300. Everything else was probably about $4k excluding the few things I already had. I used to question how someone could spend $15k on a detail rig, but man, it adds up fast.

Anyways here are the pics.

I have the pressure washer, air compressor with an extra tank for 21 gallons of air, Costco 3500 watt generator, mytee extractor, and the infamous Mcculloch steamer, and 30 gallons of water.

I still haven't treated the trim with Solution Finish. The van only got a quick correction with HD Polish.

Results of the quick correction

Showing the lettering texture

DIY always

Detail cart will go everywhere. It's a must have for me

30 gallon tank. I don't plan on doing volume washes. I would like to focus on full details with an emphasis on correction or heavy interior detailing

The correcting goods. Still waiting on more pads

File drawer to make use of head room

Retractable compressed air hose, PW hose real and retractable power reel.

Many of my decisions have been based on what i've learned here from the community. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Rig Build - Ford Transit Connect 2011

Looking good!

Make sure to get that trim protected!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on that van.Hate to be negative on the idea of loading that little van with so much weight.I have a 2010 xlt out fitted with kinda the same set up but not nearly as much weight.ive put about 3k into it the last 6 months and have only 92k.That van technically is suppose to carry very little weight,it's on a Ford Focus platform.The water tank is not balanced weight wise,so if you have to stop on a dime hope for the best.you will,see on the highway 60 miles per hour is pushing it and horns will blow.I see your point on affordability and the transit is eye level and easy to work out of.I would get the transmission serviced should run you 350.00.Ive gone thru 5 new fords since 2003 and 2 of them were new diesels.All of them stood no chance after 2 years and decidided to downsize my clientele and get rid of doing 70 car washes a month and dealer work.At the the time I had a 225 gallon tank.I think I'm gonna hussle another 3 years at this and buy a Nissan nv 1500 used for 17k and keep the weight in my transit and convert it to the Nissan gd luck.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Looking good!

Make sure to get that trim protected!
    Sure will

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Congrats on that van.Hate to be negative on the idea of loading that little van with so much weight.I have a 2010 xlt out fitted with kinda the same set up but not nearly as much weight.ive put about 3k into it the last 6 months and have only 92k.That van technically is suppose to carry very little weight,it's on a Ford Focus platform.The water tank is not balanced weight wise,so if you have to stop on a dime hope for the best.you will,see on the highway 60 miles per hour is pushing it and horns will blow.I see your point on affordability and the transit is eye level and easy to work out of.I would get the transmission serviced should run you 350.00.Ive gone thru 5 new fords since 2003 and 2 of them were new diesels.All of them stood no chance after 2 years and decidided to downsize my clientele and get rid of doing 70 car washes a month and dealer work.At the the time I had a 225 gallon tank.I think I'm gonna hussle another 3 years at this and buy a Nissan nv 1500 used for 17k and keep the weight in my transit and convert it to the Nissan gd luck.
    Thanks! That is good to know. I will make the transmission service a priority.

225 gallon tank

Post Thanks / Like

The trim is grey use cquartz dlux.I would of taken out that bulkhead and replaced it with marine plywood.It will give you more room and less weight.Use synthetic oil and service that transmission not by a oil change place where they charge you 59.00 too flush,take it to a mechanic and drop the pan change the internal filters and merc motorcraft trans oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Pm me your phone number and I will send you pics on how I did it.

Post Thanks / Like

van looks nice.

Thanks! That is good to know. I will make the transmission service a priority.

225 gallon tank[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Like the set up (subscribed)

Post Thanks / Like

how is the feed (water) gravity flow from 55 gallon barrel to (electric) pressure washer? any video of set up in operation?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwX_MKssfs

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's a lot of stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast