autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.

So finding the right tire shine has been the most difficult thing to do. Unlike MF towels, drying towels, Car wash soap, ect, when it comes to tire shine everyone has a different brand they use.

I have read some post and found that some tire shine products react/work different with depending on the tire brand. I have a stock 22" chevy truck bridestone tire. Does anyone have a product they recommend that has worked on their bridgestone tires.

Cleaning:
    If you buy a quality product you should expect to apply the product every 3-5 months roughly. I hear some people post when they wash their car that they wash the tires (ie if you clean your tires every week your maintaining your tires vs doing it once a month will require a few good scrubings.)

I dont understand this since I tought that you buy a quality product to aviod washing it all off and reapplying it weekly or biweekly.

These arent my wheels but they look exactly like this

Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.-15588783282_fb0793e475_b-jpg

Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.-lqwbeh4-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.

Hello,

I'm definitely not a expert but this what I have used. Mckees tire and rubber rejuvenator to clean the tires and Black Magic Tire Wet Gel. I do get a little sling but it wipes off. I have tried lots of different products and this is the best. When the shine wears down the tire is still a dark black. The only reason I put the tire dressing on was because it was nice out! I didn't need to add anything. I use this on another car with bridge stones and really don't need to add anything.

Lou
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.-img_1131-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best tire shine for bridgestone truck tires.

I've owned 2-3 sets of Firestone tires and my experience is that they are the worst brand of tire (I've personally owned) for holding water-based dressings. Don't be frustrated, some tires just don't hold dressings the same. Best thing you can do is make sure tires are as clean as possible, apply a good-quality dressing per the product instructions, and enjoy while it lasts. Then when it's time, get a diff brand of tire if you can't stand it :-)
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic