I'm currently waiting on a classic car I bought to be delivered. Unfortunately, with the island I live on (Okinawa, Japan) garages are a premium and not very common. So the car will live outside until I move back and bring the car to the United States in a couple years. In the meantime I am hoping to care for it the best I can to maintain it's condition in the hot, humid, salty environment that will be it's home. The car is an ivory white color so I won't need any black paint specific items. The wheels Watanabe style wheels and are uncoated aluminum; polished lips with textured spoke area. From looking at it during the inspection before I bought it, I do not remember it needing any major paint correction. The paint was in generally good condition (it was repainted at some point in its life) and seemed to be taken care of.

A couple years ago I tried to get a detailling kit together, but never had adequate funding to do so. I ended up making due with what the small items I did end up buying. In any case, this is the kit I was looking to put together utilizing some things I already have. The items are listed kind of in order of the steps I'd take:
  • Meguiars Wash and Wheel Bucket Kit (I picked it because I like the bucket design and it has wheel cleaner; kind of petty I know)
    • Bucket
    • Mirror Bright Shampoo
    • Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner
    • Microfiber Wash Mit that comes with it (probably use on wheels as I don't like mitts)
    • Some microfiber towels (I have more at home)
  • Bucket Grit Guard
  • Synthetic Sheepskin Wash Pad (car body)
  • Nanoskin Speedy Prep Sponge Medium
  • Cobra Supreme Waffle Guzzler 20x40 towel
  • PC 7424XP (already owned)
  • 5" Backing plate (replace my 6")
  • Lake Country Thin Pro 5.5"
    • 3 orange
    • 3 white
  • Hand wax pad(s) (haven't chosen a specific one yet, but I enjoy applying wax by hand)
  • M105 (already own)
  • M205 (already own)
  • Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (I figure this will be a good protectant against the salt air)
  • Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax (already own)
  • Meguiars D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer 1gal (instead of constantly buying the Instant Detail Spray)
  • Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel (free sample size) - I like this because it isn't super glossy in the reviews I've seen
    • I'll need to get some kind of applicator, or even just sacrifice a microfiber towel to apply it with

So all that is just short of $250 for the stuff I need to purchase. Do you see anywhere I should most definitely buy a different product because I didn't pick one to do what I"m looking for? Is there an area I could save some money with a different product because I'm using something more expensive than I need?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I tried to read as much as I could the past few days and this is my best wag at a "beginners kit"