autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird Etching Prevention

Sorry, but covering it is the best solution.

If he doesn't like car covers (I don't blame him), then maybe grab a couple of large blankets and drape them over - bonnet, roof, boot.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the most important suggestion made by others here is instruct/educate the customer to gently clean it off as soon as he spots it. The customer is absolutely anal about his vehicle appearance which is good as he tries his best not to induce any swirling between detailing sessions.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not so much about the products as it is about keeping up on your protection and attacking the poop/bugs ASAP.

I use a couple coats of sealant once every 2 or 3 months, and use a spray wax after each and every one of my weekly washes.

Every time Im at work, restaurants, shopping, etc, I look at my car in the parking lot. If I see bugs on the bumper or some bird crap, I bust out the California Duster and LIGHTLY knock the dust off the surrounding affected area. Then I hit the spot with some waterless car wash, using plenty of product and gentle wiping in a non circular motion. It should come off easily if your keeping up on it. If its stuck on good, you probably waited too long or the sun baked it in quickly. Hopefully the coats of wax/sealant do their job.

If its stuck on good, dont force things. Instead, take it home and make sure to hand wash the car and clay the affected areas of build up if needed. DO NOT scrub hard on the spots in attempt to remove the bugs/poop. Doing so can cause unsightly swirls... Just use the clay bar.

Post Thanks / Like

How long does he leave the bird droppings on the car? Does he take it off at night/daily? Or does he leave it on for days at a time? If he's parked in a basement, at least it's not getting baked on while parked.

RejeX states it prevents stains and adhesion of bird droppings along with insects and other offenders. I put Rejex on my car about a month and a half ago, but I sure haven't seen many bird droppings, if any, on the car since it was applied. It might be worth giving that a try.

On a lighter note, maybe he can move the bullseye to the vehicle next to him! ha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12