autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about Car-Pro Hydro2 lite

1) Is this simply an RTU of the original version; simply a pre-mixed 1:6 RTU product?

2) Does it perform equally to the original Hydro 2?

3) Using either version, how many ounces of mixed product will one use on a standard sedan?

4) lastly, I don't know why I hadn't seen this before, but I've seen videos where people use this as a Spray and Wipe product; meaning no power spray after you apply it. has anyone used this method with good results?

I know, a lot of anal questions, but that's a genetic problem I inherited, LOL
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions about Car-Pro Hydro2 lite

Even if you get hydro lite rtu you may have some streaking.others claim they do and don't.I use for wheels that's it.The Gyeon wetcoat streaks alittle so I apply it like a spraywax no water.

Post Thanks / Like

Never mixed per dilution ratios so I can't help you there.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Depends on how you spray it.
    4. I've never tried it as a spray and wipe. The directions say activate with a strong stream of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Depends on how you spray it.
    4. I've never tried it as a spray and wipe. The directions say activate with a strong stream of water.
    I appreciate the responses so far. The video from Car-Pro shows an application method os Spray and Wipe: No watet rinse; so I was curious if anyone has tried it.

Here it is at the sister site
    CarPro Hydro2 Lite Touchless Silica Sealant 1 Liter (Ready To Use)

Post Thanks / Like

Lite / wet coat --- rinse , rinse, rinse

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    1) Is this simply an RTU of the original version; simply a pre-mixed 1:6 RTU product?

Yes

2) Does it perform equally to the original Hydro 2?

Yes

3) Using either version, how many ounces of mixed product will one use on a standard sedan?

Depending on sedan size and if you're sealing wheels as well, I usually use around 2 ounces.

4) lastly, I don't know why I hadn't seen this before, but I've seen videos where people use this as a Spray and Wipe product; meaning no power spray after you apply it. has anyone used this method with good results?

If you want the correct way to apply any CarPro product, consult CarPro-US site. Corey takes the time to give plenty of information about product and directions.

Thanks in advance
    See bold.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

1) Hydro2 lite is the RTU product of Hydro2.
    2) yes it performs just the same.
    3) Typically they say around 100-120ml per midsize car however I use around 150-170ml per midsize car.
    4) I've never used them as a spray on and buff off. Saying that I do and have used Hydro2 and Wetcoat by spraying on a couple of panels, wiping in loosely with a damp cloth and pressure rinse to activate and then wipe dry and move to the next couple of panels as streaking can be a problem if not properly rinsed or left on for more than a few seconds in a warm climate.
    Typically these products need pressurised water to activate so as to separate the carrier from the product onto the vehicle. Regular hose pressure water apparently gives less durability so something to bare in mind.
    If at first you don't succeed have a pint of Guinness and a very large Irish whiskey, think about it then try again, repeat till either the job is done or you are done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    1) Is this simply an RTU of the original version; simply a pre-mixed 1:6 RTU product? yes its RTU diluted already

2) Does it perform equally to the original Hydro 2? Yes at high dilution ratio

3) Using either version, how many ounces of mixed product will one use on a standard sedan? i think about 150ml like 5 ounce

4) lastly, I don't know why I hadn't seen this before, but I've seen videos where people use this as a Spray and Wipe product; meaning no power spray after you apply it. has anyone used this method with good results? Yes we show that, you can use it same as Reload or spray and wipe product , works well too.

Thanks in advance
    see my replies to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies.