autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best waterless wash

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    At what dilution do you use UWW+ for salt covered vehicle and the higher the concentrate does it leave streak? If the vehicle has soft paint paint do you have to use a higher amount of UWW+ so it won't mar the vehicle paint? What microfiber towel are good to use when doing a waterless wash?
    You wouldn't want to go higher than what is recommended. Yes, it would definitely streak and becomes difficult to dry off.

Higher amount as in spray the snot out of the area? YES. Waterless isn't a time to be frugal. Lubricity is important. Blast away. Speaking as a Subaru owner here - I know soft paint. lol

Lots of good towels. Some like the super thick stuff, some are ok with 300gsm. The happy medium would be the rolled edges or Gold Plush Jr.

Personally, I would do rinseless rather than waterless. For UWW+ it's 1oz of concentrate to 3gal of water. Put 8-10 towels in the solution and do one section at a time. It's a whole lot safer than just waterless. That maybe good for light dust, but not with the situation you described.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    You wouldn't want to go higher than what is recommended. Yes, it would definitely streak and becomes difficult to dry off.Higher amount as in spray the snot out of the area? YES. Waterless isn't a time to be frugal. Lubricity is important. Blast away. Speaking as a Subaru owner here - I know soft paint. lolLots of good towels. Some like the super thick stuff, some are ok with 300gsm. The happy medium would be the rolled edges or Gold Plush Jr.Personally, I would do rinseless rather than waterless. For UWW+ it's 1oz of concentrate to 3gal of water. Put 8-10 towels in the solution and do one section at a time. It's a whole lot safer than just waterless. That maybe good for light dust, but not with the situation you described.
    I've have the 16x24 version of the gold plush jr. and towel like the gold plush but with silk borders, hopefully there will be fine. The winter here are sometimes get really cold and it seems the less water I use the better chance of not freezing that why I thought about a waterless wash dilution. Looks like I've have to put a coating on one of these days for better protection from winter. Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Blackfire kit, ww, spayer, and towels. I like it. Dilution rate makes it more economical than most.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any recommendations for waterless for coating car
    Uber and Ultima leaves something behind
    Is there's any waterless leave nothing behind?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yaser222 View Post
    Is there's any waterless leave nothing behind?
    Poorboys Spray & Wipe
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Poorboys Spray & Wipe
    Thank you
    I will have look into poorboys

But I think this not available locally
    I have found only
    Sonax
    3d
    Optimum
    TURTLE
    Armor
    Car Pro products
    Meguiar's
    Adam's (but not all products available yet)

Anyone think these companies have good waterless for coating cars

Thanks

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

...have tried Trifecta a few times, but was underwhelmed by it's cleaning ability.
    What issues did you experience? Were you cleaning a coated car? What was your dilution ratio?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy Spray and Wash followed by Poorboy HD+ wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    What issues did you experience? Were you cleaning a coated car? What was your dilution ratio?
    Used it on my Corvette which has BlackFire AFPP sealant and Midnight Sun wax (wet ice over fire combo) as the LSP. I presoak each panel with a pump sprayer using Trifecta at the waterless dilution ratio, then do a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method using Trifecta at the rinseless dilution ratio.

I liked the streak-free drying characteristic of Trifecta, but just felt that the cleaning ability was not as good as Wolfgang Uber, IUDJ, or D114 (which IMHO cleans the best). Just my two cents. I don't dislike Trifecta, just had to wipe down each panel a bit more to get clean than what I have experienced with the other products mentioned.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Used it on my Corvette which has BlackFire AFPP sealant and Midnight Sun wax (wet ice over fire combo) as the LSP. I presoak each panel with a pump sprayer using Trifecta at the waterless dilution ratio, then do a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method using Trifecta at the rinseless dilution ratio.

I liked the streak-free drying characteristic of Trifecta, but just felt that the cleaning ability was not as good as Wolfgang Uber, IUDJ, or D114 (which IMHO cleans the best). Just my two cents. I don't dislike Trifecta, just had to wipe down each panel a bit more to get clean than what I have experienced with the other products mentioned.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast