autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

That first big paint scratch/chip

It finally happened. I just didn't think it would be 2 months into ownership. I can still see that damned piece of torn up asphalt bouncing, bouncing, bouncing and then .... wham! Right into the driver's side fender, on the upper portion above the wheel well so it can greet me every day. I can still picture the SOB in his stupid Buick SUV flying past and kicking it up off the freshly torn pavement. I still swear if I ever find him....

i have been been looking into how to repair the nice scratch I have. Has anyone used those motor craft paint pens/brush things? And if anyone has done this before, will I need to level the paint with some polish or compounding? Happen to know of any good instructional videos?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7pfBjOa-qe5ekZQa21fc3FhcW8

hopefully that links you to the offensive photos intended. Angry would be an understatement. Hopefully I can remedy this, well that and all the little tiny micro swirl marks I keep putting in despite my light touch and fancy products. I'll have to hand polish soon since I can't afford a DA yet.

thanks for any help as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: That first big paint scratch/chip

I would pick up a Dr. Color Chip kit. Smoother the surface as much as you can (wet sand)... then polish it out. After that just use a bit of alcohol to prep the surface and follow the directions on the kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the chip here is/was my heart ache, I feel your pain

[URL][http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99340/URL]

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99340
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jag07 View Post
    It finally happened. I just didn't think it would be 2 months into ownership. I can still see that damned piece of torn up asphalt bouncing, bouncing, bouncing and then .... wham! Right into the driver's side fender, on the upper portion above the wheel well so it can greet me every day. I can still picture the SOB in his stupid Buick SUV flying past and kicking it up off the freshly torn pavement. I still swear if I ever find him....

i have been been looking into how to repair the nice scratch I have. Has anyone used those motor craft paint pens/brush things? And if anyone has done this before, will I need to level the paint with some polish or compounding? Happen to know of any good instructional videos?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7pfBjOa-qe5ekZQa21fc3FhcW8

hopefully that links you to the offensive photos intended. Angry would be an understatement. Hopefully I can remedy this, well that and all the little tiny micro swirl marks I keep putting in despite my light touch and fancy products. I'll have to hand polish soon since I can't afford a DA yet.

thanks for any help as always.
    My windshield got whacked on my Rogue a month after I got it.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Windshield on my truck made it 3 days after I bought it, before it got hit. Crack spread all the way across before I could even pull off the highway. Also have like 20-30 rock chips on the hood. Just got the Dr Colorchip kit in, so I will see how it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OptimumAutoSpa View Post
    I would pick up a Dr. Color Chip kit. Smoother the surface as much as you can (wet sand)... then polish it out. After that just use a bit of alcohol to prep the surface and follow the directions on the kit.
    ^^ this. if you're going to get a chip or a scratch let it be like this one so you can fill, sand and blend it away. You should be able to get that baby to nearly gone without too much effort. If you're not comfy doing it, I'm sure a local from the board who is experienced can help out.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)