autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crystal Serum Light

Angus,
    nice video!!!....that looks super simple to apply....I like the thought of having the harder 9h surface from CSL, but not sure on it's stand alone beading....where as EXO is a known hydrophobic maniac and has upped longevity and hardness in the newest version....both will get regular washes with hyper wash and final wipes with Ultima or d156
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody top CSl and EXO with carpro reload? if not, what kind of topper do y'all use? Not really to sure if anybody does. Any suggestions and feedback would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldn't you use their version of reload c2v3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW the below is the hood of a vehicle that was coated with CSL + C2V3 back in March and has not been touched (in an Autogeek-ian way) since. Rain, sleet , snow, sitting outside. I'd guess I could restore the self-cleaning abilities by, you know, actually washing it and hitting with C2V3 again. It darkened the paint a bit and I really liked it after application (and application was easy as could be and the product went a loooong way) but if you're gonna go with CSL, I'd top with EXO V3 which would likely improve the self-cleaning characteristics of CSL. If you plan on washing/topping the CSL with some regularity I'd say it's an excellent choice, just not the strongest self-cleaning abilities if the vehicle is gonna be neglected.

Crystal Serum Light-csl-jpg

Last winter I messed about with 6 or so coatings (after standard decon/compound/correction) on vehicles that I planned on washing maybe once over the course of the summer, if that. CSL showed the least self-cleaning abilities of all of them w/ respect to not maintaining them in any way, shape or form. On the flip side, anecdotal evidence from others experiences indicate that CSL topped with EXO will likely be a category leader in the self-cleaning arena.

Post Thanks / Like

thx for the insight budgetplan, it's looking like I'm gonna go with EXO V3 and give it a shot....the hydrophobic properties are really what I'm more so after....we get nasty monsoons here in AZ and the "slushy" mix of dirt and rain is a PITA if the car sat through the storm and has the mix dry on the car.... coatings are new to me so we'll see how it goes and how I like the one I choose, after all learning is part of the experience and fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanChav View Post
    it's looking like I'm gonna go with EXO V3 and give it a shot.....
    From my own experience - make sure you blow out any crystalized EXO from around the dropper before applying it to the applicator pad. Something I should have done but didn't know to and now have a few nice long scratches in my paint thanks to EXO V2 crystals embedding themselves into the applicator pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanChav View Post
    Angus,
    nice video!!!....that looks super simple to apply....I like the thought of having the harder 9h surface from CSL, but not sure on it's stand alone beading....where as EXO is a known hydrophobic maniac and has upped longevity and hardness in the newest version....both will get regular washes with hyper wash and final wipes with Ultima or d156
    Thank you! CSL was almost too easy to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    From my own experience - make sure you blow out any crystalized EXO from around the dropper before applying it to the applicator pad. Something I should have done but didn't know to and now have a few nice long scratches in my paint thanks to EXO V2 crystals embedding themselves into the applicator pad.
    are u talking about right out of the vial before u prime the app pad?

Post Thanks / Like

So basically everybody just puts on CSl and then EXO and doesn't put any topper over EXO after?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coopermosley View Post
    So basically everybody just puts on CSl and then EXO and doesn't put any topper over EXO after?
    cooper, from all the reading I've done about these coatings together it seems that most don't put anything on them after a wash.... or at least the don't put it in the description or mention it in their review....I did see a few where they topped it with C2 V3 though

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast