autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating WITHOUT Correction??

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I can definitely do it if I had to. I did suggest 30 or 40 minutes later on but my choosing of "20 minutes" came from reading the persons post and didn't want to say take a couple of hours even though you are not getting paid. Unless I miss understood it, these cars are not getting any polishing just a wash and wax. So even if you go over each panel and do one pass with an orange pad and your choice of polish, you can do it in 20 minutes. While I wrote it initially I was thinking of using a flex 3401. No idea why I assumed that the person had one of those the bite you get with that polisher is amazing. Although it can be done with the rupes or a PC as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    The 20 minute quick polish was suggested to "do it right". Did I say to charge for it?
    There's nothing about a 20 minute "quick" polish that conotates doing anything right. Quite the contrary.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I am mostly word of mouth so the clientele who calls me calls me for what I offer.

I don't think that you have a very good imagination - I was in sales for 22 years.
    Key word here "was" so your no longer in sales. LMFAO! You must have been on a salary those 22 years alleged years.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I suggested to the poster who has polishing as an extra to include polishing no matter the package except to a wash. No polishing at all on a "clean" paint that has already been decontaminated vs a quick once over will provide better results. Your choice of polish and something like an orange pad will greatly improve the gloss vs unpolished paint. So if that suggestion to you is a hack job, but no polishing is OK, than I am not sure what to say to you.
    You sir, are the dictionary defintion of dillusional. Do you even read what you post?

Where's the 20 minute quick polishing video? Inquiring minds want to see it.

You've missed your calling you should be running for a political office. You're a master of denying what you said, even though it's in print, and exceptional at deflection and insulting others. Kudos to you Senator tdekany, you got my vote for political office.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I can definitely do it if I had to. I did suggest 30 or 40 minutes later on but my choosing of "20 minutes" came from reading the persons post and didn't want to say take a couple of hours even though you are not getting paid. Unless I miss understood it, these cars are not getting any polishing just a wash and wax. So even if you go over each panel and do one pass with an orange pad and your choice of polish, you can do it in 20 minutes. While I wrote it initially I was thinking of using a flex 3401. No idea why I assumed that the person had one of those the bite you get with that polisher is amazing. Although it can be done with the rupes or a PC as well.
    Post a video, put you reputation where your mouth is.

So now you're saying you've actually never done a quick polish in 20 minutes, but you could if you had too and now you're doubling the time? Oh and by the way, you have to use a Flex but it can be done with a Rupes and a PC too. Now you've really lost your credibility, a 20 minute quick polish with a PC? . LMFAO. You're *&%^&&!

There you go with your politician double speak, I said that but really meant this stuff again.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad died recently, so that is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

So now you're saying you've actually never done a quick polish in 20 minutes, but you could if you had too and now you're doubling the time?

There you go with your politician double speak, I said this but really meant this stuff again.

I'm just wondering when your dad catches you on his AG Forum account what he's going to do to you. HEHEHE!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would I need to post a video for you? A quick polishing step can be done with any of those polishers to get some gloss back into a finish that has not been polished. I do not understand what is the big deal? ANY polishing is better than no polishing. If the poster is not experienced enough it make take him 30 or 40 minutes. The point
    is to POLISH the car. It is an essential part of a detail.

I have always treated every car as I would have mine. If it was a $150 dollar detail (my very first one), I did the very best not just to impress the client, but to be the best I can be, no matter what it took. So indeed I never had to "rush" anything. I ran into trouble because of that mentality 3 times in my life. Once with an elderly lady, who's car was filthy inside and outside here in Oregon when I first moved here. It took me an additional 3 hours. She was really pissed but what can you do. The other 2 times were coating jobs - both times I went way out of my way and paint corrected both new cars that were full of swirls. The agreement was just a 1 step polish and coating. Same issue, they wanted their car back "Now". But I can live with that.

So now you're saying you've actually never done a quick polish in 20 minutes, but you could if you had too and now you're doubling the time? Oh and by the way, you have to use a Flex but it can be done with a Rupes and a PC too. Now you've really lost your credibility, a 20 minute quick polish with a PC? . LMFAO. You're *&%^&&!

There you go with your politician double speak, I said that but really meant this stuff again.

I'm just wondering when your dad catches you on his AG Forum account what he's going to do to you. HEHEHE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your dad. May he rest in peace for sure.
    I never had one that I knew.
    Your reputation here passed away also. Not because you don't do excellent customer work.
    I am sure you do.
    But, because you act arrogant.
    just MHO

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

What have a denied? From the first post, I suggested to educate the customer why polishing is important, have packages that include polishing, and or do a quickly at least and throw it in for free. What else was I saying? I do not get what you are talking about.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Key word here "was" so your no longer in sales. LMFAO! You must have been on a salary those 22 years alleged years.

It is irrelevant what I did before I switched to detailing, and do you really think I'll loose sleep because you may not believe that I was in sales for 22 years? So anyone who is no longer in sales is what????

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast