autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating WITHOUT Correction??

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    The 20 minute quick polish was suggested to "do it right". Did I say to charge for it?
    Their is no such thing as doing a 20 minute "light" polish, again, prove us wrong post a video, after all it will only take you "20 minutes".

You can barely apply an lsp to an entire mid size sedan in 20 minutes and assure total coverage.

What you are saying you can do in 20 minutes is not only absurd, it's impossible unless you sir, are a hack.

I have heard of a 20 minute hack job, maybe that's what you're proposing.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I am mostly word of mouth so the clientele who calls me calls me for what I offer.

I don't think that you have a very good imagination - I was in sales for 22 years.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I can imagine his customer service skills:

Hey potential customer, this is what I say you need, it costs a lot of money and I'm worth it, I'm a pro, trust me I know what I'm talking about, it's what you need. But, if you don't like it you can go down the road to joe the hack detailer and he'll be happy to take care of you.

He seemed to have plenty of time on his hands today.

Post Thanks / Like

The boys at Meguiar's must be thrilled and relived....
    Finally a thread that distracts from the Megs D114 is Discontinued thread. (Bit of levity here...) ��

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently you didn't ask Mike did you?
    Apparently you didn't either. Seriously What is this? 8 year old "go ask mom" time? I posted an article that HE wrote. If thats not proof enough, then that is your problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    The boys at Meguiar's must be thrilled and relived....
    Finally a thread that distracts from the Megs D114 is Discontinued thread. (Bit of levity here...) ��

Trump just tweeted a thank you as well
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Their is no such thing as doing a 20 minute polish, again, prove us wrong post a video, after all it will only take you "20 minutes".

I have heard of a 20 minute hack job, maybe that's what you're proposing.
    I suggested to the poster who has polishing as an extra to include polishing no matter the package except to a wash. No polishing at all on a "clean" paint that has already been decontaminated vs a quick once over will provide better results. Your choice of polish and something like an orange pad will greatly improve the gloss vs unpolished paint. So if that suggestion to you is a hack job, but no polishing is OK, than I am not sure what to say to you.

Post Thanks / Like

The 20 minute quick polish was suggested to "do it right". Did I say to charge for it?
    But you said your pricing included polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done in here before the mods have to come in and slap hands. Td can keep arguing if it makes him feel more like professional with correct super awesome 20 min ninja polishing techniques.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Octopiston View Post
    But you said your pricing included polishing.
    I don't follow. Most cars are getting full paint corrections that I work on. So unless I get lucky and see a car with very little imperfection, my details are multi days. Those cars that are near perfect, I do a 2 step polishing job on them. Taking my time on the deep polishing step to get as much gloss as I can out of it. The final polish is somewhat faster but I still take my time.

What I suggested to the poster is that if nothing else, do a quick once over to further increase the gloss. I decided to write 20 minutes. Can you go over a car in 20 minutes once the paint is clean to up the gloss? Yes you can. Will you see the benefit on cars that are not polished? Most definitely. Does this answer your question?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't follow. Most cars are getting full paint corrections that I work on. So unless I get lucky and see a car with very little imperfection, my details are multi days. Those cars that are near perfect, I do a 2 step polishing job on them. Taking my time on the deep polishing step to get as much gloss as I can out of it. The final polish is somewhat faster but I still take my time.

What I suggested to the poster is that if nothing else, do a quick once over to further increase the gloss. I decided to write 20 minutes. Can you go over a car in 20 minutes once the paint is clean to up the gloss? Yes you can. Will you see the benefit on cars that are not polished? Most definitely.How can you possibly polish an unpolished car in 20 minutes? Maybe you should recant your 20 minutes and make it an hour or two. Does this answer your question?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast