autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating WITHOUT Correction??

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Apparently you didn't ask Mike did you?
    Why do you insist on continuously bringing Mike into this? Obvioulsy based upon the lameness of your comments he wants nothing to do with this thread other than maybe shutting it down.

I can assure of one thing, in my 25+ years of being a 100% commissioned sales representative I've forgotten more than you will ever understand, comprehend or know about customer service, customer retention, customer satsifaction and especially "listening" to the customer.

I can imagine your customer service skills:

Hey potential customer, this is what I say you need, it costs a lot of money and I'm worth it. If you don't like it you can go down the road to joe the hack detailer and he'll be happy to take care of you.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

If you claim that polishing paint is not necessary to get a better result (and I don't mean paint correction) than yes I'm going to insist that you are wrong.
    He never said it isn't necessary to get a better result. Again, please stop trying to twist words of others. You need to re-read post #77 or cite where he said what you're trying to say he did.

If that makes me a bully in your eyes, so be it.
    No, what makes your a keyboard warrior bully is the fact that you try and twist words and somehow try and intimidate others through your 15+ years of being "pro" and continued condencending posts that are no

It is about doing it the right way.
    Everyone here sees the point you're trying to make. Many including me won't disagree that polishing has it's place and benefits and all that. That's not the topic though. For some reason you moved the goal posts to focus on what you consider to be the right way vs walking through the matter at hand and looking at where "the right way" meets the expectations of a customer. Some of us even though we agree with the by the book way of including a polishing step, error on the side of happy customers whereby expectations are clearly agreeed upon and met thus resulting in happy customers.

When my wife and I go to dinner and she orders her wine only to drop a few ice cubes in it doesn't result in the waiter or bar tender coming out and refusing to serve her for doing so. Can you imagine how that would turn out? Just as silly as this scenerio. No soup for you!

Either the person is not capable of polishing paint properly, or doesn't take pride in their work and wants to cut corners. That is how I see it
    Perhaps the person is simply outlining what the customers expecatoins and desires are and delivery on those. I think it's right up there with telling a car dealer NOT to wash your car when it's in for service or NOT cleaning it up or removing the plastic when delivering a customer a new ride. Who makes that call on "what the right way to go about things is?" In those cases and in this one, the answer is pretty clearly, not YOU. Perhaps at some point in this thread you'll see that.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

What ever gave you the idea that I wanted your respect?
    the fact that you keep name dropping Mike and others who I haven't seen come defend you yet and your continued reminder that you're a "pro" on a Professional Forum along with your own Ego that you've told us you're quite proud to display are pretty clear indicators that you're trying to mark your territory. There are 13 principles around building trust and respect and you've not exhibited any of them here.

I simply pointed out that everyone gets better results if you polish the paint.
    You've gone well beyond "simply pointing something out" but I'll leave it at that.

I can assure of one thing, in my 25+ years of being a 100% commissioned sales representative I've forgotten more than you will ever understand ot know about customer service, customer retention, customer satsifaction and especially "listening" to the customer.
    Insert a round of applause and call it a day. Thankfully many hear understand your point. BTW, you're daughters car is pretty dang nice! Altima's have come a long way for sure.

Now I'm going to do what I need to do and apologize to others for dragging this on through participation. I get a little passionate about situations like this and think it's more about how things were noted vs what was noted. I'm off and out of this thread before I really start to speak my mind.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that a "Coating WITHOUT Correction"
    discourse can be traced to being the chief cause
    of another episode of: The Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Bob...
    ~Pre-Conflict Control Instructor/Pragmatic
    Existentialist/Fiction Author
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

You guessed wrong. That is one. If your customer base can't see the difference between a polished paint and an unpolished paint, I'm going to suggest you take some lessons from a pro.

Great comment comming from the guy that does a 20 min polish job, and still charges his customer for polishing their car....... It took hc 400 and a mf pad before any appreciable correction was done on my car. Polishing prior did nothing.

I've never had a dirty pad to the extent you are saying. All I can see on them is product, unless an exposed section of trim gets hit then you get a little ring. Thats even with over 80k mile and 70k mile cars that have bever been polished before. Maybe you need to take your own advice and get some lessons from a pro covering basic cleaning and decontamination.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would I need anyone to defend me? I suggested that every package should include a polishing step, that way there is no need to convince the customer, unless you bring it up as an option which I pointed out several times that that is not a good way to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    the fact that you keep name dropping Mike and others who I haven't seen come defend you yet and your continued reminder that you're a "pro" on a Professional Forum along with your own Ego that you've told us you're quite proud to display are pretty clear indicators that you're trying to mark your territory. There are 13 principles around building trust and respect and you've not exhibited any of them here.

You've gone well beyond "simply pointing something out" but I'll leave it at that.

Insert a round of applause and call it a day. Thankfully many hear understand your point. BTW, you're daughters car is pretty dang nice! Altima's have come a long way for sure.

Now I'm going to do what I need to do and apologize to others for dragging this on through participation. I get a little passionate about situations like this and think it's more about how things were noted vs what was noted. I'm off and out of this thread before I really start to speak my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Octopiston View Post
    Great comment comming from the guy that does a 20 min polish job, and still charges his customer for polishing their car....... It took hc 400 and a mf pad before any appreciable correction was done on my car. Polishing prior did nothing.

I've never had a dirty pad to the extent you are saying. All I can see on them is product, unless an exposed section of trim gets hit then you get a little ring. Thats even with over 80k mile and 70k mile cars that have bever been polished before. Maybe you need to take your own advice and get some lessons from a pro covering basic cleaning and decontamination.
    I can imagine his customer service skills:

Hey potential customer, this is what I say you need, it costs a lot of money and I'm worth it, I'm a pro, trust me I know what I'm talking about, it's what you need. But, if you don't like it you can go down the road to joe the hack detailer and he'll be happy to take care of you.

He seemed to have plenty of time on his hands today.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently you didn't ask Mike did you?
    Great retort! How about asking him about quick 20 min polishes so you can tell your customer you polished their car and then charge them for it?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol! Where did you see me say that I do 20 minute polishing jobs? Really? Everything that is done to your car is listed on my website. I don't upsell unless the customer is unsure about what protection to chose.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Great retort! How about asking him about quick 20 min polishes so you can tell your customer you polished their car and then charge them for it?
    The 20 minute quick polish was suggested to "do it right". Did I say to charge for it?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast