autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpro Essence

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence

I am looking for those with experience using carpro essence with coatings other than cquartz.

has anyone had success using essence with exo, perl, igl, optigloss, or any other coatings. so far all I get is "it might work" or "it should work". I am looking for those that have actually experimented/tried using any coatings other than cquartz classic/uk with essence and either had success and/or if it failed.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence

I've not yet tried essence but I understand that it is compatible with coatings so there's no requirement to use eraser beforehand. With that being said, I'm reluctant to try it due to it having "fillers". I've never owned nor do I plan to ever use any "glaze" type product since I always shoot to completely remove defects if possible. This is just my take although may others use it and love it. To each, his own I guess.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Essence (such a tricky product but very rewarding when done right!) with 22PLE HPC about 1 month ago, so I can't comment on durability but it is for sure working perfectly right now. I mean really amazing with how no dirt bonds to it. I feel like application was just a bit more finicky applying it on top of Essence, but nothing to be worried about at all. It could've just been the heat that day. Too bad that one guy who tested 5 different coatings on essence didn't update his thread to see how long each coating lasts when it's layered like that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

nice, I searched for a thread on this subject but kept coming up with nothing. i would really like to read it if you have a link. cant believe more people arent talking about this. there's alot of easy money in one stepping with spray sealants and coatings as an upgrade option. if you have a link that would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as it was designed to work with Car Pro coatings then I would follow the manufacturers recommendation.

Have others topped essence with other coatings. Sure they have.

Is it meant for other coatings? Well that's a tough question as most manufacturers are going to recommend following their recommended prep steps.

Anyway there have been threads about this on here and on Autopia of various forum members topping Essence with other coatings such as Gloss Coat, PBL V2 and GTechniq besides Car Pro. At a minimum I would probably still do some sort of prep wipe if I was using a non car pro coating.

Post Thanks / Like

A member with a very similar forum name has, richy. I thought it was a thread of his at first.

I believe others have too.

Here's his latest that had Essence before a triple coat of gloss coat.

This is what a triple coat of Gloss Coat looks like: my wife's 2011 Durango

Some other ones that he has done to in here.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...earchid=527127

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks mantilgh, this info was what I was looking for

Post Thanks / Like

Works great with PBLv1 and v2. Plenty of reviews on Autopia to back this up. Essence is great stuff. Now if they would reformulate Reload...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surely no expert, but would think, and garner a guess, that if any of the CQuartz Coatings can come behind Essence and work well, I would imagine that there wouldn't be a difficulty with other coatings.

Of course don't take my musings as gospel.

I've got 2 bottles of Essence on hand, and sadly have yet to have the time to use them. But I hope I will soon. I'm interested just to see what this product will do all by itself.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, i was thinking of trying gtechniq exo because I like it so much and it goes on with little to no efffort and the sheeding is the best I have ever seen. I found the autopia forum talking about stacking essence with coatings and someone mentioned stacking it with other base coatings, dont think that will work well. guess I will just have to buy several coatings and divide the car up into sections and start testing on my own to see what I like though I think cquartz classic will do just fine, just havent used it yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast