autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO Protection Ability

In the Midwest, Wisconsin more specifically, I like the added protection. I look at HD Speed as a compound and appearance enhancer. For the 10-15 minutes it takes me to apply an extra layer of protection by machine, it's well worth it.

I don't know the longevity of Speed alone either. I'd hate to have issues with customers not being happy. To me it's a regular process. I always top it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    I don't mind additing a layer of 845,
    that's easy.

I was just wondering if you could apply
    it on top of the protection that HD speed
    puts on the car without issue.
    ^^^That's a good question^^^

Here's the answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    The protection aspect isn't much of a selling
    point to me since I would top whatever AIO
    with 845 anyway.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I did this exact same thing last weekend. I did a CR-V with HD Speed and topped with Collinite. My experience is that Speed's biggest attributes are the Cleaning and Polishing steps it performs, not the LSP. I have topped with Poxy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Why even use an AIO if it needs to be topped? Why not just go with a trusty polish like 205 and then add your LSP? This never made sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    Why even use an AIO if it needs to be topped? Why not just go with a trusty polish like 205 and then add your LSP? This never made sense to me.
    Yeah. Although some of the argument posted here seems to be if you have a sealant-based AIO, and top it with 845, then you're getting that sealant-topped-with-wax thing. I haven't used Speed or 360, but every AIO I've used has been more difficult to work than a straight polish, so it does seem to defeat the purpose of using an AIO if you're going to top it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the biggest failing of an AIO is the protection ability of the product by itself.

I've tried AIO's from Meguiars, Griots, and Poorboys, and in every case I saw reasonable correction and a finish that looked really nice. The problem was the protection was measured in weeks, not months.

AIO's are a great idea, and on well maintained vehicles like mine they are a perfect solution if it weren't for the longevity. Spray wax boosters work great in the warmer months, but once Winter hits I need an LSP to go 4~5 months and I've yet to find an AIO that can do it for me. At this point in time I'm stuck with a two step polish/LSP.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah. Although some of the argument posted here seems to be if you have a sealant-based AIO, and top it with 845, then you're getting that sealant-topped-with-wax thing. I haven't used Speed or 360, but every AIO I've used has been more difficult to work than a straight polish, so it does seem to defeat the purpose of using an AIO if you're going to top it anyway.
    I am not so sure of this. Mckee's AIO couldnt be easier to use. It gets worked until it disappears leaving virtually no residue to wipe off.

AG has made some bold claims about the protection left behind by Mckees 360 but I have not gotten to test it either.

Another excellent AIO to be considered would be Wolfgang Uber AIO. It also has a pretty good claim of durability and decent finishing ability. It is also relatively easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I am not so sure of this.
    Yeah, I don't have any of these "new" AIO's. I haven't even gotten around to trying my OPT GPS yet. Too many products not enough cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    Generally that's my opinion as well but i have some that i use for specific cases. Quick hits of paint cleaning, slight abrasion and an LSP affect. For example, Jeremy1976 just posted up a great use of an AIO. He had a client say "i want to sell this vehicle and don't want to really pay for full correction...just a clean up as pre sale".

To me that's a perfect application for one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That's a bold statement coming from an AIO, but then again you don't hear any other AIO's making that sort of claim.
    Because they do not have to prove that it works for 6 months. They can say however long they wish to say. It's up to the consumer to use judgement on whether it's true or BS.

360 gets about 3 months for me and I've used it for a couple of years now. Maybe it gets 6 if it's exposed to the elements only on weekends.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast