autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash and wax daily drivers for$

Currently still detailing family, friends, & friends of those two as well. Most don't know about swirls.

I did a car last weekend, and chose to go with Ultimate Polish then top that with a spray wax. The car turned out real nice. But using the DA with the polish, at the speed Mike shows on the videos took a long time. Maybe not that long, but it just didn't seem worth it. compared to what the expectations of what my customers might be.......they want the paint clean, shiny, and with some protection.

When using a product like McKee's 360 with a DA, do you, or can you, move at a faster pace, than when you are using a dedicated polish with a DA?

I still want to give quality results, but in faster time. Do I have to sacrifice one for the other, or can I cut some time and still create nice results?

Thank you!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash and wax daily drivers for$

here's another great option... *video by joe@nextleveldetail*
    REVIEW: Griots BOSS Finishing Sealant - All In One/One Step Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Currently still detailing family, friends, & friends of those two as well. Most don't know about swirls.

I did a car last weekend, and chose to go with Ultimate Polish then top that with a spray wax. The car turned out real nice. But using the DA with the polish, at the speed Mike shows on the videos took a long time. Maybe not that long, but it just didn't seem worth it. compared to what the expectations of what my customers might be.......they want the paint clean, shiny, and with some protection.

When using a product like McKee's 360 with a DA, do you, or can you, move at a faster pace, than when you are using a dedicated polish with a DA?

I still want to give quality results, but in faster time. Do I have to sacrifice one for the other, or can I cut some time and still create nice results?

Thank you!

Ray
    Stick with that method if you can get away with it.Speed up your time by moving your arm quicker and keep in mind your just making it shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    here's another great option... *video by joe@nextleveldetail*
    REVIEW: Griots BOSS Finishing Sealant - All In One/One Step Polish
    Nice review thanks for the time you put in to this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post

Thank you!

Ray
    I think you did good in your research picking this as an AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

What pad are you using? You could speed up the correction (make fewer passes) with a pad with more cut.

Its been my experience that most people are quite happy with a wash, decon, and wax/sealant on top with no polishing. Actually, most wouldn't even know the difference if I didn't clay the paint before either. There is a price difference when I have to polish, and most don't care to spend the extra $ and are happy with the results from just using a quality lsp. A lot of time is saved that way. Could also look into a glaze for a pre-wax step if you want more shine.
    I'll also ask customers if they will use a drive through wash. If so its pointless to polish anyway, and I tell them so.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like your customer base doesn't even need an AIO. Id bet you could wash it real well, then use some Optimum Opti-seal as a drying aid and they would be more than happy. I recommend against an AIO more than I upsell it. Most of my customers also are like yours. Just want clean. As Mike P would say " They don't know a swirl from a squirrel"
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Octopiston View Post
    What pad are you using? You could speed up the correction (make fewer passes) with a pad with more cut.

Its been my experience that most people are quite happy with a wash, decon, and wax/sealant on top with no polishing. Actually, most wouldn't even know the difference if I didn't clay the paint before either. There is a price difference when I have to polish, and most don't care to spend the extra $ and are happy with the results from just using a quality lsp. A lot of time is saved that way. Could also look into a glaze for a pre-wax step if you want more shine.
    I'll also ask customers if they will use a drive through wash. If so its pointless to polish anyway, and I tell them so.
    Good advise. I typically find moving up one pad in aggressiveness when using an AIO helps a lot. Make a couple passes with a cutting pad then move to a polishing pad to finish out. You have to have a different mind set as the customers will definitely be at the auto swirl and scratch car was next month. While I don't use glazes I can see their benefit in an application like this. Clean and shiny is the goal not defect removal.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!! "Auto scratch an swirl car wash" That's funny stuff, but true as heck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for you're excellent help and advice once again!

Ive got a navy blue Camry to do this Saturday. I'll post some picks.