autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite leather cleaner/protectant?

What about UV protection? Can 303 be used on leather?

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried an expiriment myself. I just received a bottle of Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and decided to try it out on my new MB GLE. I did the Leather dashboard and two front seats. It did an OK job, left the seats and dash slightly darker (and I mean SLIGHTLY almost not worth mentioning).

A half hour later my wife and I were going out and noticed the smell (stink) from the cleaner/conditioner. We both commented on it and did not like the smell.

So, bottom line, I will be going back to my old stand-by; Optimum Leather Protectant. The Optimum works better (for me anyway) leaves a matte surface with NO color distortion. The interior looks like it just came from the factory. No smell that we've ever noticed AND the Optimum can also be used as a Trim Surface protectant, so one bottle does everything. Interior and engine compartment, kind of a two-for.

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite leather cleaner/protectant?-imageuploadedbyagonline1472840569-830244-jpg

Best protection that I have ever used on leather ! I suggest everyone try's it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    Favorite leather cleaner/protectant?-imageuploadedbyagonline1472840569-830244-jpg

I have a whole gallon of that. Is it safe on leather though?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    What about UV protection? Can 303 be used on leather?
    I've used it on the common coated leather you find on most normal cars these days. I had no issues with it at all.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is coated leather. Most modern cars come with coated leather.

The gallon I have is fine and doesn't smell. But everyone has a different sensitivity of smell.

D149 works great. It can clean pretty well for light to moderate dirt. It makes a good maintenance product for weekly wipedowns to keep the interior clean. If you have heavy soil D101 works fine.

I have to disagree. I find D180 to be rather weak in it's cleaning ability. I find D149 Quik Interior Detailer to do a better job of cleaning. I also don't like the look of D180 on plastics. It leaves them with a dehydrated look and it doesn't last. I only use it on leather as a protectant. I also find that D180 attracts more dirt and dust.

You think D149 stinks, D108 is even worse. I would never use that in a non ventilated area.

I agree with you on D181 being a much better leather cleaner over D101. But if someone is looking to save a little cost, D101 works just fine. I would just recommend following up with a damp microfiber towel because it leaves the surface feeling tacky. Especially on leather and vinyl.

D180 is a gel and it is applied via foam or microfiber applicator. You could go with that and it will be fine. But don't expect it to remove heavy dirt. Light dirt as best from personal use.

Save yourself some money and just get this kit. It's a much better protectant compared to D180. If you need more sealer you will need another kit. That is the only downside. But the sealer goes a long way.

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Sealer Treatment

If you run out of cleaner you can always use D101 or buy a bottle of this. The cleaner is fairly similar to D181.

Meguiars Gold Class Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, leather seat cleaner, car leather cleaner

The cleaning ability is enhanced by the microfiber applicator. Warm water and a microfiber can clean just as well, if not better.

D149 can be used on leather with no ill effects. Weekly wipedowns would actually be beneficial to keeping leather clean and dust free.
    Heck I think I can buy the Meguiar's Gold Class Leather stuff at Oreilly or even Walmart. If that is good stuff then maybe I will go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
    Heck I think I can buy the Meguiar's Gold Class Leather stuff at Oreilly or even Walmart. If that is good stuff then maybe I will go that route.
    It is good stuff. One of my favorite leather sealers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
    I have a whole gallon of that. Is it safe on leather though?
    I haven't tried it myself, but according to Darren from Auto Fetish it's not only safe but works great on interiors. [as asap2stacks can attest to] I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Just make sure you clean the surface 1st. Just as you would clean your paint before applying Spray Wax to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    ^^ I use the same for my interiors and other items. Sold in 6 packs for cheap, they are MF/Terry Cloth applicators that are easy to grip and work great. As in the case where Eldorado2K is showing, they are cheap enough to toss out after such a nasty clean up job too
    I get them in a 2pk. from the 99 cent store. You're exactly right about them coming in handy and being disposable. I used that same applicator that you see in that picture this morning to finish off the windshield cowl on PT Cruiser. Now it's officially ready to get tossed in the garbage can.

Post Thanks / Like

I switch back and forth between Leather Master and Ultima cleaners and protectants.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast