autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selecting a glaze

I have Blacklight and Blackhole. I like the Blackhole better though.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on washing,claying,glaze,wax. I have a unopened bottle of cg jetseal. Should I apply that before the wax or after? Or is it really necessary?

Post Thanks / Like

Clay
    Glaze
    Seal
    Wax

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Check out auto obsessed out of edmonton. They sell a few lines. Poor Boys and cg included and ship within canada

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Why even use a glaze? It's somewhat of an old school product anyways.. It was always meant to cover up small scratches to make the paint surface appear to look smoother. But in reality it's just throwing makeup on an ugly face lol...
    Agree with correcting the paint being most important but...

Jennifer Garner without makeup:

Jennifer Garner with makeup:

You be the judge but I'm fine with going with a glaze!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

If you polished your hood to perfection and applied your favorite glaze to one side and applied Turtle Wax on the other, you would not see much of a difference. As a matter of fact, you might like the TW side better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Komatsu View Post
    I think I'll go with poor boys. I don't think I can get prima in Canada. If anyone knows a site in Canada that sells detailing products that would be much appreciated. Only one I could find was eshine
    Poor Boys is a great choice. You won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Komatsu View Post
    I plan on washing,claying,glaze,wax. I have a unopened bottle of cg jetseal. Should I apply that before the wax or after? Or is it really necessary?
    Jet Seal is a Last Step Product (LSP) and could be used instead of wax. If you want to use both a sealant and wax, put the sealant on first and let it cure, then apply wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you polished your hood to perfection and applied your favorite glaze to one side and applied Turtle Wax on the other, you would not see much of a difference. As a matter of fact, you might like the TW side better.
    So, what you're saying is; Glazes are a waist of time and manufacturers are not only wasting people's time with them, but they are also taking people's money. Is that what you're saying? (Not saying you're wrong...just that I'd like you to explain that a bit further.)

On the flip side...
    What if you only polished half the hood, then used your favorite glaze on half (your choice of which side) and TW on the other half? I think you'd see all the fillers of each going to work and not be able to tell much difference until you washed it a few times (beads staying or waning).

Unless someone can sway my mind I'm going to agree with Bob. If a glaze is advertised to fill and hide minor swirls and add gloss (which is how they're advertised to be used) then how on earth can they not add gloss to already perfectly polished paint? Somebody break out the refractometer. LOL!

To me if something is used and advertised to specifically fill and add gloss, then it should do as advertised or be held accountable for false advertising. The question then becomes is the amount of gloss measurable somehow? If so, then ANY amount, however small that may be, IS an increase in gloss...yet to the human eye a decision could then still be made as to how much additional time and gloss is worth the effort for such a small amount of gloss.

I tend to believe glazes work as advertised.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Add enough M7 to single stage paint that isn't too far gone and you can revive it, as evident from Mike's single stage make-over posted here by the dozens, and the oils in the glaze will bring that paint back to life. No one is saying polishing won't bring out the most gloss. So if layers of M7 and its oils can bring back paint virtually on its own, then certainly it must be able to help polished paint too. Oils are wet...and they are shiny...whether the last or not is another matter entirely...as is adding a product like M7 to modern BC/CC paints which are more like plastic than real paint. Even then if the company like Meguiar's says M7 can be used to enhance even modern paints, then I tend to take them at their word.

Think of it like this...
    You work in 4-6 heavy layers of M7 and revive an old single stage paint, even polish after the M7 infusion...but instead of sealing it up you then wash it 5-6 times and just dry it off. It's not going to immediately after the first wash or even after the 6th wash suddenly turn back into a dull oxidized car...even if you don't do the polishing step. It may not look as wet, but it isn't going to go back to as dry as it was before you started either. It takes time for the oils to leach in and even more time for them to fully leach out to the point of paint getting back to its original dull state before you started. It isn't just going to fall off the car.
    Bill

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast