autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

wearing through clear coat?

what are the chances of wearing through clear coat with m101 on a cutting disc with a da polisher?

the car is a 2014 kia sorento, paint chips easy the hood is full of paint chips if that helps?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wearing through clear coat?

What exact cutting pad? What DA polisher? Has the paint been compounded/polished before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What exact cutting pad? What DA polisher? Has the paint been compounded/polished before?
    yes x2 with ultimate compound was the strongest i use a harbor frieght da and ill prob use the harbor freight orange cut pad ot the meguiars yellow polishing pad, i have the meguiars cutting pad but they say its to strong to use? why they sell it then idk? thanks for the quick reply

Post Thanks / Like

2014 you will be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 2014 Sorento.

wearing through clear coat?-imageuploadedbyagonline1472302079-480814-jpg

The paint is swirl free, but I've yet to figure out how to machine polish this paint.. The only 2 times I tried I used M205 w/foam finishing pad and the 2nd time I used Essence, and both times it scratched the daylights out of my test spots...

What color is yours? Did you get good results from using Ultimate Compound on it? And why is it that you''ve compounded it twice already and you need to do it a 3rd time? Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Those harbor freight pads are junk can't withold any heat.If your funds allow get 205 and some nice micro polishing pads.why 101 if you just polished it a year ago .If you want professional results get professional products.

Post Thanks / Like

wearing through clear coat?

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Those harbor freight pads are junk can't withold any heat.If your funds allow get 205 and some nice micro polishing pads.why 101 if you just polished it a year ago .If you want professional results get professional products.
    If he's got the same paint as mine he'll scratch the heck out of it with M205. Lol.

Well maybe not with more aggressive pads... I'm curious to find out how his previous efforts have turned out on that Kia.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 2014 Sorento.

wearing through clear coat?-imageuploadedbyagonline1472302079-480814-jpg

The paint is swirl free, but I've yet to figure out how to machine polish this paint.. The only 2 times I tried I used M205 w/foam finishing pad and the 2nd time I used Essence, and both times it scratched the daylights out of my test spots...

What color is yours? Did you get good results from using Ultimate Compound on it? And why is it that you''ve compounded it twice already and you need to do it a 3rd time? Lol.
    ya i got good results with the uc and its a flat black car so everything shows most people wouldn't even bother polishing again or so much but im just learning so thats why ive done it so often, the reason im doing it again hopefully for the last time is because the original swirls and some scratches are still there in direct sun light so i guess i haven't cut enough to get rid of them, what kind of machine do you have and what pad do you use? i can say ive gotten great results the paint looks great like i said unless its in perfect direct sunlight at the perfect angle lol. i enjoy the process though and ive taught myself a new skill that ill have for the remainder of my life,

my fathers new truck is white and its impossible almost to even see swirls and scratches compared to mine lol, ive also seen a few cars the exact color and year as mine and they all looked horrible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    i already have 205 im polishing again because the defects are still there, where do u get micro pads and do they come in 6"?? also what do u mean by "cant withold any heat"? thanks for the reply

edit u must mean microfiber lol, idk i like the foam pads i heard the microfiber is a lot more aggressive??? i got miguirs 6" foam pads they are pretty nice, i have thier cutting pad but they say not to use it cuz its to strong, dont know why the hell they sell it then???

Post Thanks / Like

If he's got the same paint as mine he'll scratch the heck out of it with M205. Lol.

Well maybe not with more aggressive pads... I'm curious to find out how his previous efforts have turned out on that Kia.
    great bro idk why yours scratches so bad, mines black and ive seen nothing like that and black shows everything, it must be something else besides the paint???? i used m205 both times after ultimate compound and the paint looks relatively unbelievable if your not looking hard for defects and compared to other cars

what machine are u using? gotta be something else or something unique to just your car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast