autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed Question

I do the entire vehicle with HD Speed and then go back and wipe off. I want whatever LSP properties to sit on the paint a bit to settle in to a bond before removing. Getting a little more durability that way compared to my first use of it...wipe off each panel as i go.

Post Thanks / Like

After I wash, why are water spots stuck to the surface? Is this acid rain??

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    After I wash, why are water spots stuck to the surface? Is this acid rain??
    Were they there before washing the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    Were they there before washing the car?
    Yes they were.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    HD Poxy just makes sense. Collinite 845 or 476 are awesome too.
    I used HD speed on a vehicle a month ago. It sits outside everyday and I first washed it yesterday. There were water spots left on the horizontal panels after washing it. I know that the spots were not from the washing process but possibly from the rain/sun. Is this normal? Do I have to use speed again to get rid of the water spots, is speed not durable enough and should be topped with an lsp to prevent this? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used HD speed on a vehicle a month ago. It sits outside everyday and I first washed it yesterday. There were water spots left on the horizontal panels after washing it. I know that the spots were not from the washing process but possibly from the rain/sun. Is this normal? Do I have to use speed again to get rid of the water spots, is speed not durable enough and should be topped with an lsp to prevent this? Thanks!!
    I would always top speed with poxy. I do not believe speed has enough poxy in it to last more than a week based on my findings. Also HD poxy only lasts a month again based on my findings but it is so easy to apply that does not matter. My car has hard paint and it is much easier to take care of than my wife's who has a Mazda 2015 cx-5 in which any dirt seems to sink right into the clear coat like the clear coat is made with quicksand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by driggett View Post
    I would always top speed with poxy. I do not believe speed has enough poxy in it to last more than a week based on my findings. Also HD poxy only lasts a month again based on my findings but it is so easy to apply that does not matter. My car has hard paint and it is much easier to take care of than my wife's who has a Mazda 2015 cx-5 in which any dirt seems to sink right into the clear coat like the clear coat is made with quicksand.
    How do you go about cleaning your wife's vehicle then? Sounds like what happened to me.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read that you should let HD Speed cure like a sealant before buffing, doing that is supposed to produce long lasting protection.

The directions on the bottle say nothing about that though.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to guess, but water spots would come from our water not rain. Try 3D's Eraser, which is a water spot remover. Or you can just polish the area again.

Yes they were.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you go about cleaning your wife's vehicle then? Sounds like what happened to me.
    Every morning before I leave for work I look at her car and if I see bird or pollen booms I get rid of them.

I plan on trying McKee's paint coating and giving it two layers to see if I can stop the dirt sink in. I have literally had to take a micro pick axe to get little nuggets of dirt out of the clear coat. Now these nuggets are about twice the size of a pencil point.
    If anyone knows what is this and what causes it I would be grateful.

I have been researching clear bra and high end coatings for my car to over a year now and i have not pulled the trigger yet because my BMW is so easy to maintain. This is what I have found out. Coatings and clear bras should not be for the rich cars but actually the poor and middle class cars because of the cheap paint used! Those cars would benefit greatly but the coatings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast