autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions on basic car detailing pkg

So just started up detailing on the side. I already have 12 customers wanting there car detailed. My question is what would you recommend on a basic wax. I have only two pkgs that I'm offering. I'm keeping it simple and seeing where my side job business leads to. I offer a basic pkg which there won't be any claying involved in the basic pkg. which I'm trying figure out what wax should I use a spray wax, synthetic wax, or paste wax. Also I offer a deluxe pkg which includes claying and wax which the wax I'll be using is the HD Speed AIO. Majority of customers have daily cars nothing exotic. They just want there car to shine and not to many customers are going to know what lot of the polishing and claying and other procedures. They want it low price and amazing results. What are your recommendations on customers who dont want the deluxe pkg that offers claying.

Basic Pkg: hand wash, wax, tire Dressing, and interior cleaning.

Deluxe pkg: hand wash, clay, wax FYI (AIO) product will be used on that step. Tire dressing, Interior vacuum, interior condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions on basic car detailing pkg

I think your cutting yourself short.How much for a wax with no clay and the other with speed involved.Customers will always feel the car for smoothness.

Post Thanks / Like

Basic: Cars $80 Midsize $95 trucks $110

Deluxe:Cars $100 Midsize $120 Trucks $150

Being that my customers drive there car daily I'll have to clay vehicle first before putting HD Speed or and other polish to there paint. Should I not offer or say claying be involved and just do it. Also I wouldn't offer my highest end wax or sealant unless customers has a higher end car or wants that. Majority are daily car drivers which I need to keep prices somewhat low but I'd still be making profit.

Post Thanks / Like

my opinion is your deluxe package should be your basic package.
    i wouldn't wax a car if it had not been clayed in the last 2 to 3 months.
    I think the results wouldn't do you justice. again just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Asalesagent912 would you agree that the prices on the deluxe pkg are reasonable and would be a good price if I made my deluxe pkg a basic? Pkg?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Haramic View Post
    Basic: Cars $80 Midsize $95 trucks $110

Deluxe:Cars $100 Midsize $120 Trucks $150

Being that my customers drive there car daily I'll have to clay vehicle first before putting HD Speed or and other polish to there paint. Should I not offer or say claying be involved and just do it. Also I wouldn't offer my highest end wax or sealant unless customers has a higher end car or wants that. Majority are daily car drivers which I need to keep prices somewhat low but I'd still be making profit.
    It deosnt make an sense,but if you can get away with it so be it .

Post Thanks / Like

I charge 170 with clay bar for small to mid size vehicle. I charge $210 for large vehicle with clay bar. I charge $250 with clay bar for extra large vehicles. I get these prices all day long. This doesn't even include any paint correction services.

Post Thanks / Like

On a basic I just do a simple wash, interior vacuum, and windows that is it. If you want to do something basic for wax I would say a liquid wax in my opinion. I would charge $25.00 just for a wash, vacuum, window clean, and dressing. If they wanted wax I would charge $5.00 and would apply a liquid wax if it was their daily driver.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    I charge 170 with clay bar for small to mid size vehicle. I charge $210 for large vehicle with clay bar. I charge $250 with clay bar for extra large vehicles. I get these prices all day long. This doesn't even include any paint correction services.
    I agree!

One time I was priced similar to what you listed and then I posted something similar because I was worried of not having the business for "being too high" IMO at the time.

AG geeks helped talk sense into me to stick to my guns.

The more and more I did details the more and more I realized I was doing AWESOME work compared to my competition.

I agree with the one who said to turn your deluxe into your basic.

When I did that it sorted out the ones who wanted the world for nothing REAL FAST.

Matter of fact it helped me figure out who my true clientele is meaning there are people who WILL pay for EXCELLENT service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Haramic View Post
    Asalesagent912 would you agree that the prices on the deluxe pkg are reasonable and would be a good price if I made my deluxe pkg a basic? Pkg?
    I think you are in the ballpark. I think different states get different pricing. I am from New York and do detailing on the side too. mid size cars i charge 125.00 Bigger cars 150.00 and trucks 175.00 to 200.00.
    I am probably a little cheaper than most but like i said i do it on the side just because i enjoy it and have a passion for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast