autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soap vs rinseless

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Washing a car in the dark is surprisingly easy. Paint is super cool, and a lot of shade I tried it a few weeks ago for the first time. I felt if anyone of my friends, neighbors, or coworkers would have seen me they would have thought I had lost my marbles.
    This time of year in Ohio is great for doing the above. It's cool if not chilly, mosquitos are not as prevalent because of this and has already been noted, I really don't care what the neighbors think. It's my time to decompress.

Wash wise, I am mostly all rinseless. The van has been getting washed with a bucket as in the summer I too have to play in water to keep cool. My car though not so much. I think Rinseless is safer in many ways and for sure quicker. It will once a month or so get a hose taken to it but usually it's pretty near clean when I do. Mainly for me its to wash the under side and in the doors and seams, etc.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well in that case I will run the car through a touch free wash or rinse it down at the quarter carwash. I make the trip down to the Tail of the Dragon once a year and this is what I do. I also bring a bucket and some RW and never go anywhere without plenty of edgeless plush mf towels, so I keep it clean while on the road, even bring my 2 gallon hand pump for the wheels and tires too...obsessed, YEPSoap vs rinseless

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    That's what I do. Just spend 2 minutes at the DIY carwash to rinse the vehicle off before heading home to detail it. Sometimes I'll use the hose to rinse the wheels after I scrub them. I definitely prefer to use a hose when I can for really dirty all weather mats. I cover them with APC and scrub with a brush, and can get it clean and dry with just microfibers, but I'd rather just rinse them off instead of using up MFs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Washing a car in the dark is surprisingly easy. Paint is super cool, and a lot of shade I tried it a few weeks ago for the first time. I felt if anyone of my friends, neighbors, or coworkers would have seen me they would have thought I had lost my marbles.
    Does condensation not form on the horizontal services? I can't wash much after sunset without a fine layer of new moisture forming on the roof and hood. Must be a "Southern" thing. My wife said after one episode of evening cleaning, "Well, the dew-crew is out chasing the dew again."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jowillie View Post
    Does condensation not form on the horizontal services? I can't wash much after sunset without a fine layer of new moisture forming on the roof and hood. Must be a "Southern" thing. My wife said after one episode of evening cleaning, "Well, the dew-crew is out chasing the dew again."

I did a waterless wash on my wife's Nissan Xterra (100,000 miles) last night at 2am. I do have problems with dew on the hood but the paint looks ok the next day when it is dry. The vehicle gets a Rinseless Wash or a Waterless almost every night so it is always clean. Rinseless and Waterless Washes are great at night. It's nice and cool and all the neighbors are asleep. It's nice and quiet other than the radio station of my choice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    It's nice and cool and all the neighbors are asleep.
    Lol. I seriously don't understand how people like pesky neighbors, or just anyone in general who doesn't have the common sense or common courtesy to mind their own business or just plain have their own stuff to do instead of staring at others for way longer than normal and wonder stupid thoughts...

I get annoyed with certain little things that just lack awareness and common courtesy for other peoples space.. For example I always exit/re enter my driveway with only the parking lamps on and don't turn on the headlights until I'm driving straight down the street instead of turning on my lights and lighting up the neighbors house across the street, especially if you see them relaxing on their porch..
    Some people I see just stop in the middle of the block and idle for like 5-10min. with their headlights on the whole time... It bugs me. Like damn can't you at least turn your dang highbeams off if you're gonna stop in the middle of the street while you wait for whoever to come outside? Some people are inconsiderate of others. I think it's a sign of stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    Even if your vehicle is soiled from a long road trip?
    If that's the case, I go to a local touchless and only use the high pressure wand in RINSE. I get the majority of the dirt/dust (crap) off and after a two mile highway drive home (at 70 plus = dry car). I then do my waterless wash. Works for me.

We're in severe drought condition here and there's NO washing and I have one do-gooder neighbor who WILL rat you out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never be convinced to use rinseless/waterless washes. Maybe if your vehicle is basically clean and you just want to give it a touch up. But where l live that is all but impossible due to bugs, snow, rain, construction, etc. I use a CR Spotless DI system for the entire wash, not just the rinse. Zero spotting and I don't dry it, ever. I get about 15 washes before I have to replace the resin. It is pricey, but even if it cost 2x as much l'd still use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123