autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular Cquartz vs. Cquartz UK/TiO2

When I was on Carpro's website, I noticed they only sell Cquartz UK and Cquartz TiO2, which left me scratching my head because I could of sworn there was regular Cquartz that wasn't UK or TiO2. Then I noticed here on Autogeek, that they are selling a regular Cquartz in the 30ml bottle. Has that regular Cquartz been discontinued, or for some reason it's just not on Carpro's website? What is the difference between regular Cquartz and Cquartz UK? When the weather breaks a little, I want to coat my car with Cquartz after a light paint correction and am unsure of which version to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Regular Cquartz vs. Cquartz UK/TiO2

CQ classic = CQ Ti02. They simply haven't updated their pictures and descriptions in awhile.

CQ classic has the Ti02 and is made to apply in warmer climates. +75-80*
    CQUK is made for cooler applications.
    I have had both last 2+ years. So pick based on the application criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    What is the difference between regular Cquartz and Cquartz UK? When the weather breaks a little, I want to coat my car with Cquartz after a light paint correction and am unsure of which version to get.

The main difference from a detailers perspective, (keeping it simple) is temperature and humidity. If you live in a colder, cooler climate, you should use CQUK. Humidity is ok, but definitely not heat.

If you live in a hot environment, you'll want to use the standard. The difference is the UK, in heat will flash much quicker and be a bear to get off. CQ standard, does better in warmer temps and takes a bit longer to flash, giving you ample time to remove and reducing the amount of hot-spots you'll have to deal with.

I did a truck yesterday, was about 85 with about 80% humidity... I used CQ standard which came in a 50ml bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. So which one to use really depends on when you're applying it? I like on Long Island, NY. It can get as hot as 100+ and very humid like it is right now (the "feel like" temperature yesterday was 113 degrees) and can get as low as single digits in the winter.

I guess that explains why I had such a hell of a time applying Cquartz UK on my girlfriends Audi. It was very humid and hot out. I wasn't in the sun or anything, but the air temperature and humidity level was definitely not ideal. I'll go with the TiO2/classic with my car.