autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cringeworty...

Post Thanks / Like

Cringeworty...

I'm a part-time detailer with a full time job. My new boss brought in his 2015 Berlinetta F12 for the guys in the garage to clean up. I walked over to the garage to see the work in action. All I could do was watch in horror. The guy washing it said he was trying to psyche himself up to wash it, and sent another guy out to Lowes to buy some sponges since he couldn't find his old one. He came back with a two-pack of sponges. He then mixed a bucket of an unknown soap, dipped said sponge, and proceeded to wash the wheels first. Fine. Without missing a beat, he moves right to the roof with the same sponge and bucket and continues to "wash" the car. He used a water blade to dry most of it, followed by a 12"x12" general use microfiber towel that might be acceptable to use on tires. He finishes the drying with it and then starts wiping down the interior and glass. I started to feel queasy, so I told him it looked good and went behind the shop to get sick.(Not really,but close). All the while smoking his cig. To think he was nervous about washing it.... The car also had various holograms that the real "detailer" put on for him. And to think I worry about doing regular vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cringeworty...

Yikes.

On another note, any boss who brings his Ferrari to work for his minions to wash...has some issues. Talk about rubbing your nose in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can show him the error of his ways(your boss, that is)and get to work on it yourself...? Good luck if he is that oblivious, but worst he can say is "no," right?
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Right? He usual DD is the S63 AMG or the new Shelby. Although I'm told he is a generous guy to his employees. Still haven't been offered a test drive though! Not as bad as my old boss who left the receipt for his $800,000 helicopter on the table in the break room...

Thought about the offer, but I don't know him that well yet. And yeah, he doesn't know a "swirl from a squirrel".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    Not as bad as my old boss who left the receipt for his $800,000 helicopter on the table in the break room...
    Oh, I see, he was modest. Did he wind up running for President?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yikes.

On another note, any boss who brings his Ferrari to work for his minions to wash...has some issues. Talk about rubbing your nose in it.
    Can I get a raise please.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec, he is the owner of Crompco,llc., out of Plymouth Meeting. You probably see our trucks at gas stations checking tank systems. He started out of his garage. Wait a minute, I work out of my garage, maybe someday I'll...nah. Won't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, you work for the guy, why haven't you approached him way before this happened to offer your detailing expertise? I detailed both of my last bosses rides and they paid me $250.00 a piece. It felt so good taking their money!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been working there for a few months and I didn't want to overstep my boundaries. Now that I've been there for a bit and have gotten to know some people, I plan on spreading the word about my detailing. He's not there a lot either, so I'll have to wait for the right opportunity to see if he's interested in having the scratches and holograms removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    I've only been working there for a few months and I didn't want to overstep my boundaries. Now that I've been there for a bit and have gotten to know some people, I plan on spreading the word about my detailing. He's not there a lot either, so I'll have to wait for the right opportunity to see if he's interested in having the scratches and holograms removed.
    You and I have similar stories... I've recently started a new full time and 1 of the owners drives an Aston Martin.

I don't know much about those cars, but I just did a google search and it looks like it's DB9 GT. I figured the car was expensive but holy crap I didn't think it was That expensive! Wow.. Ok I just got some real motivation to make friendly with him sometime and talk to him about his car and let him know the delio.😏
    It's too bad the car's silver and probably looks just as good swirled up as it does swirl free.. I still can't believe how expensive it is.. I'll give him credit for having the balls to daily drive that car. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.