autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New to AG and first post!!!! Ofcourse it's a question.

Thanks for all the great info and love the site. Been using a PC for years and deciced to move up to a Metabo (birthday in a couple weeks and been hinting heavily). Using mostly Menzerna polishes and searched forum for pad selections. I see some recommend LC CCS over Edge 2K with Menzerna, why? I like the idea of the Edge system for ease of centering and the 2 sides and I am used to 6" pads on the PC. Would also prefer foam over wool until I get used to the Metabo.

Any help on pad and product selection, green, blue, orange etc. for each, for a hard clear (BMW, VW etc) with moderate to mild correction needed would be greatly appreciated.

Won't ask for advice on how to use it as I see many threads on this question!

Thanks and hope I don't wind up like this guy first time......

Post Thanks / Like
    I hated the Edge system on the PC, its junk. Havent used it on the rotary. On the rotary I use white CCS, LC foamed wool, and LC 100% wool when needed. The CCS white does good correction on the rotary with SIP and 106, the foamed wool is very easy to use.

You'll have a hard time controlling anything more aggressive then the white CCS pad on rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing View Post
    I hated the Edge system on the PC, its junk. Havent used it on the rotary. On the rotary I use white CCS, LC foamed wool, and LC 100% wool when needed. The CCS white does good correction on the rotary with SIP and 106, the foamed wool is very easy to use.

You'll have a hard time controlling anything more aggressive then the white CCS pad on rotary.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did you not care for with the E2K system or what did you prefer about the LC's

Post Thanks / Like
    My LC pads never gave me a single problem. The Edge system gave me nothing but problems.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,
    Thanks again. Still cautious about the wool so I'll probably do the CCS foam in green or orange, white and blue or gray. Not sure of the colors. I know in edge they are green, blue and white. Now, do I get the 7 1/2" or the 6 1/2" d/a size? Argh, too complicated. At least I know the majority I've found in the forum like the LC better!
    Anthony

I'm sorry for all the questions. Thought it would be easier to decide.
    Last edited by Atlas; 10-26-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt use the CCS orange on the rotary. Green and white is fine though. You really shouldnt need anything less aggressive then green, you wont be applying waxes or sealants with a rotary. Green is less aggressive then white. So the only CCS pad I use on the rotary is the white one.

The smaller the pad, the easier to control, 6.5" will be good. Just get yourself the 6.5" white CCS pad, and one of the foamed wool pads. The foamed wool will keep the paint cooler, but it is more aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt use the CCS orange on the rotary. Green and white is fine though. You really shouldnt need anything less aggressive then green, you wont be applying waxes or sealants with a rotary. Green is less aggressive then white. So the only CCS pad I use on the rotary is the white one.

The smaller the pad, the easier to control, 6.5" will be good. Just get yourself the 6.5" white CCS pad, and one of the foamed wool pads. The foamed wool will keep the paint cooler, but it is more aggressive.
    Are you sugjesting the white CCS pad and foamed wool pads are about all you need for most jobs with the Metabo? I'm about ready to buy a Metabo, and I rather not buy more pads then I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the metabo and love using the 5.5 pad low profile pad with it and the 5 inch backplate. So it's easy to center. Cause the backing plate is the same size of the velcro on it. lol
    Well .... lets just say that a new Ferrari 430 Spyder was delivered to me last week. In that week I would have drove it by all those previous girlfriends who said I would never make it

Post Thanks / Like

I never had any problems with my Edge 2000 pads system. I did have backing plate issues, where it literally started falling apart. Perhaps I should of switched to Edge backing plate.
    Anyway, just my $0.02.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast