autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mostly stick with one product line, or cherrypick from multiple lines?

And why?

Is there one company you just prefer above all others? Do you think products within a line work better together?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you mostly stick with one product line, or cherrypick from multiple lines?

I like being able to pick whichever products work best for the job at hand. It doesn't matter to me if they are different brand products. Whichever individual product works the best for whatever I'm working on is getting used.

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much cherry pick my products. Example... for my light silver 2008 Nitro I like to use Griots 3-1 wax or sealant. On my 15 Escape that is dark gun metal metallic gray, I like Meg's Gold Class Carnauba wax. Interior protectant I use 303. Tire shine I use either Griots Tire Shine or Black Magic Tire gel. Depends on what you like and what works best for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you mostly stick with one product line, or cherrypick from multiple lines?

I believe in Synergy. So, while I do have many many products, I'll try my best to stick to that entire line. I do multiple test spots to see what works. If I'm doing a full correction I'll start with compounds, once I find the one that works, everything else is from the same exact line. The creators of these products know them inside and out and know how to make their products work together. However, for testing purposes I'll switch and mix products. For me, I have 3 favorite companies. Blackfire, Polish Angel and Ammo.
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

Post Thanks / Like

I consider myself unbiased and willing to add a product from any maker if it really does perform as advertised/to my liking.

That being said, if you were to look at my supplies you might guess I'm favorable towards Meguiars... And yes it's true when it comes to alot of stuff such as cleaners and bulk dressings, along with car wash soap etc.. It's just flat out good + good value for my money. I've always appreciated that about Meguiars and that same honest and friendly way of treating their customers has always seemed to radiate from all Meguiars people.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always tried to stay with on brand, and even one line within said brand, for professional detailing.
    The reality is that no one brand, or line of products, is the best at what they do.
    All brands, even the most respected, make some sub par products as well.
    I don't personally think it is possible to find everything you need for professional detailing within one brand name of detail products.
    This alone will force you to look elsewhere, even for the enthusiast of any brand name.

I also like to product test.
    Doing so gives direct first hand experience with a product, and brand name.
    There is no better way to gain factual information for research purposes than to simply use a product, test it over time, in all weather and road conditions, and see what you got.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much Pinnacle and Mckee's.
    But I do carry a variety of other products.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know too much about proper detailing when I first bought my truck, but I always used Meg's products.

As I learn (thanks to AGO), I've found certain products that work a little better/easier.

So, I like to "cherry pick", but no Meg's products will go to waste from my detail bag, that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

no single product line has the best of everything. although I must say mckee37 line is great for price point and provide a wide range of all products. OPT would be secondary when it comes to range and value

Post Thanks / Like

I basically use Meguiar's Detailer line and then have random products to supplement where I have found a better/easier product.

IE: Bug Squash, Opti-Seal, Iron-X things such as those.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast