autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

P21S Paint Cleanser Polisher Settings

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can answer this quickly for me before I seal and wax my car tomorrow. I have some P21S because I don't plan on polishing my car this time around, but I am not sure what pad + speed I should use with the cleanser. I have a GG6 polisher, and white, orange, blue, and black flat pads. I'm already planning on using the blue and black for my DG105 + Collinite 845 so I'm kinda hoping I can use the cleanser with white pads?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

P21S Paint Cleanser Polisher Settings

I've used the P21S paint cleanser with a machine, forget if it was my PC or GG6.

Anyway, IMHO & IME the product will work better by hand. What I mean is, I remember having to use a lot of product to keep the pad from drying up quickly. So, the pads gummed up quickly.

Looking back (it's been quit a while), I prolly should have primed the pads with some DI water.

Anyway, if yr going to do this - you just want to use whatever speed so the pad spins slowly. Any heat will dry out this product quickly. I would do 2 passes at the most.

A white LC polishing pad should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P21S Paint Cleanser Polisher Settings

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I've used the P21S paint cleanser with a machine, forget if it was my PC or GG6.

Anyway, IMHO & IME the product will work better by hand. What I mean is, I remember having to use a lot of product to keep the pad from drying up quickly. So, the pads gummed up quickly.

Looking back (it's been quit a while), I prolly should have primed the pads with some DI water.

Anyway, if yr going to do this - you just want to use whatever speed so the pad spins slowly. Any heat will dry out this product quickly. I would do 2 passes at the most.

A white LC polishing pad should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I actually came across a blog that said to do speed 4-5, but it sounds like I'll just waste a ton doing it that high. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

I think P21S recommends hand application. I normally use a MF Applicator or foam wax application to apply.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...x-cleaner.html
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I ran my GG6 on a white pad on speed 3, and had no problems with the P21S drying up quickly. Definitely noticed a big difference after using it. Just applied DG105 + 601 and taking a break before throwing on the Collinite.

I forgot how sore the DA makes my arms and back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I ran my GG6 on a white pad on speed 3, and had no problems with the P21S drying up quickly. Definitely noticed a big difference after using it. Just applied DG105 + 601 and taking a break before throwing on the Collinite.

I forgot how sore the DA makes my arms and back.
    If you did it by hand, you would have to take the next day off.

Post Thanks / Like

Any kind of a paint cleaner I would use no more than 3 or 4 on a da polisher. No need for anything more. Just let the product do the work. I typically use poorboys pro polish as just a cleaner and typically just do it by hand as needed. If I need a little cut or need to be slightly more agressive I'll use my PC with a polishing pad but typically don't find myself going that route

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post

Any kind of a paint cleaner I would use no more than 3 or 4 on a da polisher. No need for anything more. Just let the product do the work.

I agree.

Just to add a few more comments...

Technically paint cleaners are for removing light surface dirt staining and other light surface impurities. They prep the paint for the application of either a wax or a synthetic paint sealant.

If it were me, I would apply by machine using a soft foam polishing or finishing pad. Use a speed setting that maintains pad rotation but nothing more. Apply to a single panel and then wipe off.

Down the road, after you use up all your P21S Paint Cleansing Lotion, pick up a fine cut polish. A fine cut polish will do everything a paint cleaner will do and more and leave a nicer looking finish. For all the time and work it takes to apply a paint cleaner might as well apply a fine cut polish.