autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless/Rinseless?

The main issue I have run into is seeing dried salt streaks randomly when you think you are done on darker paints. It's hard to get it all off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    The main issue I have run into is seeing dried salt streaks randomly when you think you are done on darker paints. It's hard to get it all off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no way a "waterless" wash is going to clean a vehicle not maintained well in the dead of winter. Not in Wisconsin nor New England. It's just not what they were meant for.

I can't even get all the salt off sometimes after a full car wash and using a pressure washer lol

Post Thanks / Like

I do have a Superwash literally 2 blocks from my house. I will just spend 2 bucks and take it there and pressure wash it good prior to the rinseless.

Im kicking around doing the Polish Angel coating on both of my personal vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    I do have a Superwash literally 2 blocks from my house. I will just spend 2 bucks and take it there and pressure wash it good prior to the rinseless.

Im kicking around doing the Polish Angel coating on both of my personal vehicles.

pre-wash and coating are both great ideas. i often feel a lot of what people do on this forum is fueled by paranoia but when it comes to rinseless, it can't hurt to be a little more cautious as you build your confidence level in the technology and your technique.

a few years ago i bought a salt remover product from autoality by Whip's Wax. i bought a gallon to help in situations like what you guys fear during rinseless and i used it twice...it worked, but wasn't necessary after all. could be because again i am washing Opti-Coated vehicles. maybe in the cases where you guys have having issues removing road chemicals safely, it may help to pre-treat with that item.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post

Going to a car wash and spraying off salt is great idea but here in West Virginia it get below zero in the winter. You are not able to spray off the car before doing a Rinseless. I have used D114 on vehicles covered with salt in the winter with no problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Going to a car wash and spraying off salt is great idea but here in West Virginia it get below zero in the winter. You are not able to spray off the car before doing a Rinseless. I have used D114 on vehicles covered with salt in the winter with no problems
    Look into a ivation machine

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend wolfgang uber rinseless. Worked great for me this winter with heavy salt. It worked great even without taking it to the carwash for a pre rinse when not able to. I still used the two bucket method.

1- I made up a 32oz bottle of waterless solution for presoak/wash.

2- rinse bucket. 2 gallons of water with 1/2 oz of uber. I did this for two reason. When I rinse my wash mitt and then dunk into the rinseless solution, it won't dilute the rinseless bucket as much. It also seemed like the mitt rinsed/cleaned easier with some uber in it.

3- just the usual rinseless bucket, 3 gallons and 1oz of uber.

Just do your usual wash. Start from top to bottom and pre spray each panel with the waterless solution. Super slick and very easy to wash. I like using the rinseless mitt because you can control the amount of rinseless wash in the mitt. It holds a good amount of solution for the heavily soiled areas. I also like it instead io using lots of mf towels. Just don't use it on your wheels. Use another dedicated wheel sponge for your wheels. Very easy and fun. Enjoy your winter washing.

Of course you can adjust your washing methods to what suits you and feel comfortable with.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the wheel wells then cleaned if the vehicle doesn't see a coin opt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    How are the wheel wells then cleaned if the vehicle doesn't see a coin opt?
    I clean wheel wells with Simple Green mixed with Dawn liquid and wipe clean with a terry towel. Then rinse with ONR in a sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    I'm assuming Wisconsin winters are like New England winters, maybe even a tad worse.

Bro you have to be out of your mind crazy to do a waterless in February lol. Even driving from a coin opp back to the shop the car will pick up so much salt and decontaminates I would test it on a pos first, someone who doesn't care.

Imo it's not what they were meant for. And using a pressure washer is somewhat defeating the "waterless" wash, not to mention all the water being used to wash all those towels on a weekly basis. I do think the Gary Dean method makes the most sense but in winter the risk is beyond high.

I've been doing rinseless on the Audi and other cars in even the crappiest winters. ZERO issues. I use anywhere between 5-8 Eagle Edgeless 480gsm MF Towels in the dirtiest winters. Wring out and hange dry them and wash them in bulk every 3-4 weeks. I have 75-100 of them and just keep rotating them as I go.

The "power washer" I list isn't a power washer. It's just a powered garden sprayer that's output pressure is about that of a garden hose. I like it because I don't have to pump up a pressure sprayer and it does help knock-off any sand or snow.

I rarely if ever use a bucket / hose method to wash her. In summer I will use a hose t do the wheels and then pull her inside to do the rest. In winter I do hit the DIY rinse places to blast off the crud but not consistently. Mainly just because I don't like crud hanging off her
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast