autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing for Car Wash.

is it only me or does anyone else think 25$ is very cheap IF you are buying expensive detailing stuff (car shampoo, detailers, wax, etc...) and applying on your customer vehicle ??

I think that guy was shocked coz he got a cheap car (or is it ?) and prefer normal car wash for 5$ or so...

also i wouldn't pay 50$+ coz the weather really sucks b**** in my country and no point paying that high if the price going to get dirty in 73 hours or possibly even less !..

as a second thought, try to give cheap price first, and IMPRESS the client with the results, then you can guarantee he will come back to you every month or so, it's really hard to find someone who takes a good care of your car if you know what am saying

good luck with your business...

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to help so don't take it personal.your pricing deosnt make any sense and you are not profitable with those numbers.I would ditch the whole carwash gig,and offer 4 simple packages. #1 wash and wax # 2 exterior only polish and wax.#3 full detail #4 interior only.who is your nearest competitor what do they charge.If there isn't any in that small town it makes your services and you more valuable which equals more $$.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read this whole thread nor do I do detailing for a living. But $25 sounds awful cheap.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People get so used to go through a automatic car wash they don't realize that their car is still filthy after.

Not to mention the tires and wheels are not even close to clean.

To properly clean wheels and tires that process alone can take up to 1 hour depending on how bad it is.

Washing a car properly is not a 5 minute process.

25$ is a bargain, you can go through a automatic car wash and spend up to $3 for "hot shine wax" and "undercarriage shine" and the car will still be filthy.

There is nothing you can do, people must appreciate what you do and understand.

The automatic car wash person that once and a while wants a hand car wash will always be shocked at your prices.

But my personal favorite is the guys that come and just want me to clean the inside of their cars with no outside washing, i guess they feel they will get the inside done and go to the $3 automatic car wash. However if their really concerned about saving $17 on a high quality car wash that is not going to scratch and degrade your paint. Sometimes you can't win.

Post Thanks / Like

i had packages at fors but every caller was asking for just a wash with no wax or just interior wipe down and vacuum. so i changed it to my current list and its been very great so far BUT either im way to hard on myself cause some cars take a while but i never feel like they are done or i need to raise my prices. hourly i average about 33-45 an hr when its broken down

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    I washed over 160 cars last month -- Hand Wash, dry and wipe down the wheels for $5 each at a car dealer. -- I Rinseless Wash private customers cars for $10 to $15 according to how dirty. I am always busy. I never have a slow day unless it rains
    10-15$!?! Id only do that if they only asked to wipe down the windows.. That seems really cheap?
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    10-15$!?! Id only do that if they only asked to wipe down the windows.. That seems really cheap?
    agreed, how do you cover costs?

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartsoulauto View Post
    agreed, how do you cover costs?
    He does it in bulk, that's the key, he just doesn't do 3 cars a day at 5-10 dollars.

The key is to do anything at a high volume and it will eventually turn into a high number

Post Thanks / Like

My "car wash" costs $100. I don't touch the interior. Some of my regular clients get discounts if their car is coated or if it is normally pretty clean.

Are you sure you are even making a profit at $25/car? You've got to be using at least $3-5 in product. Then there are all the other business related expenses to operate legally. By the time you take everything out you are pretty much working for below minimum wage. If you had to pay an employee say $10-15/hr you would literally be losing money with each car.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    My "car wash" costs $100.
    $100 sounds great. Do you ever have a customer turn you down?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast