autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to scam me buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by choijw2 View Post
    got me all excited and now im stressed out lol
    Choijw2. Could you please respond to him and lead him on. Completely mess with the person and pushing there buttons and post all your email responses with the guy here. That would be hilarious!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, that's a prince you all are talking about and you should show a bit more respect. His family and their total neighbors have helped funnel millions into the national economy with their international monetary email exchange program, and what I'm sure you mean to say is "thank you. I'd love to full detail clean very nice no odor your car mobile fleet"
    Geez, we act like American barbarians...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    hi, my name is Mark, i have a car tobe detailed before i go into the huspital fore brain and foot sergeries...........

Lmao.

Damn scammers. I just had a call 2 weeks ago pretending to be the IRS, and threatened me with police action.

I let loose a profanity-laced tirade that would've made Andrew Dice Clay blush.

"Click". No more "IRS" problems. Lmao
    Paul,
    When I worked the front counter of HQ, I would suggest to people that they buy themselves a referee whistle. When that call comes in, start speaking very softly so the other guy puts his ear close and listens well. Then blast him to the moon. My co-workers used to laugh and say "Richy, you can't say that"....ya, well, I just did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    Yeah, something fishy is going on, but now I'm curious about how the scam plays out. There must come a point where the scammer requests money from the detailer. Has anyone gone along with the scammer until it gets to that point?
    What they do is tell you that you have to pay the shipper's bill and usually want you to wire money to them. Anytime someone wants you to wire money, that is a HUGE red flag. It's amazing at how many gullible people there are out there that fall for scams, even intelligent ones. I wrote a report for a university prof that got scammed out of a few thousand dollars. Book smart does not equate to street smart.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing you all have in common,this forum. Maybe it's been hacked. Seems odd so many of you have gotten the same or very similar email so close together. Sneaky bastards!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Paul,
    When I worked the front counter of HQ, I would suggest to people that they buy themselves a referee whistle. When that call comes in, start speaking very softly so the other guy puts his ear close and listens well. Then blast him to the moon. My co-workers used to laugh and say "Richy, you can't say that"....ya, well, I just did.
    Those little air horns you see at sporting events work well too. They are really loud up close,just forewarn your co workers or you may have to peel them from ceiling as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    Those little air horns you see at sporting events work well too. They are really loud up close,just forewarn your co workers or you may have to peel them from ceiling as well.
    I like that even better!!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like to mess with these guys. I was sitting in my office the other day and I got this call . . .

Scammer: Hello sir. My name is Matt and I am calling from the Microsoft Service Center. Did you know that there is a problem with your Windows computer?
    Me: I had no idea
    Scammer: Yes, I received a notice from your PC that it is sending out malicious files.
    Me: OH NO! I'M SO GLAD YOU CALLED! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!
    Scammer: I'd like to help you repair your computer and remove the virus. Are you near the computer now?
    Me: No I'm in the bathroom.
    Scammer: (stumbling through this) Oh . . . I see sir . . . when will you be available for me to help you?
    Me: Probably about 10 minutes.
    Scammer: OK sir. I will call you back in 10 minutes.
    Me: Actually, better make it 30 minutes because I had a big bowl of chili for lunch today.
    Scammer: (stumbling through his words again). OK sir . . . I will call you back in . . . 30 minutes.

At that point I was laughing so hard that I would have hung on him anyway.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

What they do is tell you that you have to pay the shipper's bill and usually want you to wire money to them. Anytime someone wants you to wire money, that is a HUGE red flag. It's amazing at how many gullible people there are out there that fall for scams, even intelligent ones. I wrote a report for a university prof that got scammed out of a few thousand dollars. Book smart does not equate to street smart.
    Yup, I figured there would be a "mix up" with shipping, and the scammer would need the detailer to wire money to get the vehicles delivered. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul,
    LOVE this, richy!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast