autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior dusting

I use a compact blower I bought from Ebay to blow everything from the back of the car towards the front....It's great for getting under / around the seats and the small spaces between the console. Then I use my Bissell Pro garage vacuum with small computer attachments to blow out vents, radio, instrument panel, around shifter boot, and doors. Vacuuming the entire car quickly comes next. Once completed, I, lightly spray some 303 on a rag and wipe down interior completely. If I use too much I notice it tends to attract dust quicker and streaks.

As mentioned dust is a ongoing issue. Every 3rd or 4th day I will quickly take my small compact blower and blow out any new dust.

If interior gets done the same day as the exterior I always start with interior first and exterior last, mainly because I like to get door jams cleaned out first.
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslair View Post
    Most dusting threads deal with dust on the outside of the car. My problem is dust inside settling on the dash, seats, and armrests. When I do the interior, I vacuum first. Next, I use an APC to clean everything, then reapply Aerospace 303. Once done everything still has dust on it and I go nuts! Does anyone have a trick or step I am missing?
    Try something like this: Laitner Grip-It Vent & Dash Duster. I've used something similar (rhymes with Biffer). Lots of static attraction, with the ability to draw light dust out of confined spaces, too. Keep one in the car for a little dusting whenever the Prozac wears off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I may be using my imagination but Meguiar's quik interior detailer seems to do a good job of minimizing dust. I hardly ever use any protectants on my dash. Supposedly quik detailer has some protection.
    This is one of my favorite interior products for light interior cleaning. Removes dust, dirt, fingerprints, body oils, etc., and leaves a matte finish layer of protection. Perfect for weekly wipe downs to keep a vehicle's interior immaculate. I much prefer frequent usage of this product vs a "dressing" or protectant type product that may leave a sheen or attract dust.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12