autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ONR quesrions

Post Thanks / Like

ONR quesrions

I finally decided to to give onr a try so I bought a gallon of this stuff, now I have a bunch of questions. I will be using this on my wife black suburban that I just polished last week an now I concerned about swirls. Question 1 If I use this correctly will I reduce the amount of swirls? I currently use the two bucket method and I change the fresh water and soap bucket at least two times and I mostly blow dry and carefully dry using a waffle weave, I also use tons of water while I wash also. Question 2 will I be wasting my time if I use crystals mist after I wash. I currently apply sealent either Wolfgang or pbl sealent a least three times a year and I apply pinnical souvern every five weeks. I try to wash this tank every 8-14 days and after I wash I use crystal mist. I know that onr is a wax also and I curious if i will be wasting my time Following onr with crystal mist.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR quesrions

I don't think onr has wax maybe polymers. The onr wash and wax is the other rinseless they make . I use meguiars spray wax sometimes after as a drying aid so I don't think your wasting time. If you really want to be cautious about swirls i would go with the gary dean method instead of 2 buckets. I probably use 10 to 12 towels on my challenger about once a week. No scratches no swirls and it's a daily driver. I also liberally spray down the panel before I wipe with a soaking wet towel. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

To greatly minimize the risk of marring use a bug sprayer and presoak the panels before you wash them.

I dont presoak and use a BRS and really am not that careful because I will just polish it out every year if I have to, but the marring is very minimal and could have happened when using other no rinse products actually.

I found using opti seal not only makes drying incredibly easy, produces the best looking after wash on my vehicle, it also reduces chances of marring while drying greatly.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrav View Post
    I finally decided to to give onr a try so I bought a gallon of this stuff, now I have a bunch of questions. I will be using this on my wife black suburban that I just polished last week an now I concerned about swirls.

Question 1 If I use this correctly will I reduce the amount of swirls? I currently use the two bucket method and I change the fresh water and soap bucket at least two times and I mostly blow dry and carefully dry using a waffle weave, I also use tons of water while I wash also.

Properly washing using the rinseless method will definitely decrease the amount of wash marring and swirling you instill during the wash process. You will also enjoy how much less water you use and how easy the process really is. You can wash a few sections at a time and dry then move on, especially when its warm and sunny out. With rinseless method, you will not need to blow dry. Just wash then dry with a premium waffle weave towel.

Question 2 will I be wasting my time if I use crystals mist after I wash. I currently apply sealent either Wolfgang or pbl sealent a least three times a year and I apply pinnical souvern every five weeks. I try to wash this tank every 8-14 days and after I wash I use crystal mist.

If my memory serves me correctly, Crystal Mist is a detail spray, right? So you would be using it as a drying aid. There is nothing wrong with using a drying aid honestly.

I know that onr is a wax also and I curious if i will be wasting my time Following onr with crystal mist.

So ONRWW does have wax in it, but nothing significant that would last weeks. If you're using the blue one (my choice), you're fine with using Crystal Mist. Again, it is not necessarily needed, but it definitely helps lubricate as you dry and leaves a nice shine. I use Ultima WWW in the same fashion when I rinseless wash
    See bold.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the onrww (green stuff) not the blue. I truly believe that crystal mist really makes the paint pop so I would love to continue to use this. The main reasons I wanted to go rinsless is because of water spots

Thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like

Also watch some YouTube videos if you haven't used this method yet. You want to wipe in straight lines. One swipe per clean side. Thats why I go through so many towels. Never wipe in circles. Just my 2 cents but I'm overly cautious and it's paid off so far

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I watched many videos most of them I know that they were creating swirls. I do plan on using many towels with light pressure and straight lines. I also plan on spraying down each panel first. I know I will be overly causious. I guess I have another question now. Is there a big difference in the wash and wax than the wash and shine? I bought the wrong one not knowing.

Post Thanks / Like

The blue onr to me seems more slick than the green onr wash and wax but they're both good. My main rinseless is meguiars rinse free express wash d114. I use it to wash everything including the inside of the car. Wolfgang uber rinseless is a good rinseless too. The meguiars 114 is the only one that doesn't have anything in it. It's just a cleaner and it's very slick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrav View Post
    Thanks for the info. I watched many videos most of them I know that they were creating swirls. I do plan on using many towels with light pressure and straight lines. I also plan on spraying down each panel first. I know I will be overly causious. I guess I have another question now. Is there a big difference in the wash and wax than the wash and shine? I bought the wrong one not knowing.
    ONRWW is just ONR with some more "stuff" added into it. It should theoretically be safer since it's got more lubricants, but ONR is supposed to be pretty safe as it is. ONRWW is a little more difficult to get streak-free, since it has more "stuff" in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 gallons 2 years ago.
    It is good stuff. One thing I learned is to do a section at a time and dry.
    It gets somewhat stubborn removing the residue if it dries.
    Otherwise it works great and looks great.
    It works fantastic as a clay lube.
    I mixed up a stronger spray dilution for my daughter to keep in her car as a bird poop terminator.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.