autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations for new Tesla model S

Hi,

I just picked up a new Tesla model S in Deep Blue metallic. I'm in Bay Area/Fremont if anyone has local recommendations. I've done some detailing in the past but will likely go for a pro to do the exterior.

For the exterior I am looking for a paint coating that #1 makes the car a bit darker with a deep gloss, #2 makes it ridiculously easy to clean and maintain back to the freshly detailed look. I've explored Cquartz Finest and Opti-Coat Pro+ but they are very expensive here in the Bay coming in at around $1600+. My car is a lease so I don't really care much for any longevity or warranty beyond 2-3 years. The car is garaged and I am comfortable with doing any touch up detailing as long as it doesn't require much equipment.

I've also looked into Kamikze ISM/Miyabi, Ceramic Pro, Gtechniq, Gyeon, and OptiCoat Gloss. I understand that I will probably do some paint correction before. Would a primer be needed or recommended with any of these?

What would be best for my paint and needs?

Lastly, I also plan to do some interior protection of the black leather, black alcantara, and any vinyl/plastic inside. What is recommended for these? I will probably do this myself since I can't imagine it would be that difficult so long as instructions and any waiting period are followed. Can anyone recommend a brand/line that is good for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations for new Tesla model S

I would look at someone who can do a one step polish and Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating. It's a consumer grade coating meaning it's available on the open market and you don't have to be "certified" by the manufacturer to install it. It still requires a little bit of "expertise" to install, and I would charge $550 for that service here in New York (I would imagine our markets are pretty similar). The coating is rated for 3 years and I had it on my last car and I got well beyond 3 years of protection from it.

For the interior, since you are planning on doing it yourself, I think your best bet is to just keep it cleaned up regularly, nothing special is really required. I usually use a rinse less car wash solution to clean leather / pleather seats, dash and door panels. The solution leaves some form of protection from the elements behind and interiors are one of those things where a little bit of work done frequently can prevent the need for a lot of work being needed down the line.

Welcome to the forum 8-)
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

What is your budget. I know a great company and they are a CQ Finest Installers. I also recommend you do a clear bra install for the full front as Tesla paints are really soft.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

< $1k.

Post Thanks / Like

OCDetailing give them a shout and talk with them. I wouldn't recommend anyone else in your area

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    OCDetailing give them a shout and talk with them. I wouldn't recommend anyone else in your area
    I told him that over at sister site

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber is an option