autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Karcher Pressure Washer

Am planning to buy in couple of days the karcher K3 pressure washer as my first unit to clean my own cars, the reason am going with this specific model is because it was recommended and comes in a bundle with few extras most importantly the shampoo/snow foam container, also it is coming with some sort of brush which am not planning to use it no where near the paint due to its harsh bristles, and other takes on this bundle ? or should i go ahead and buy it ??...

Bundle Pack:Karcher K2 Home Pressure Washer 110 Bar With Brush | Ace

as for the snow foam I currently can get this only so any real difference from the brans sold on AG ?? or what about using normal car shampoo instead ??...
    Karcher 3-in-1 Ultrafoam Cleaner 1L | Ace[pp_gal]/0/

thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Karcher Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by aliitp View Post
    Am planning to buy in couple of days the karcher K3 pressure washer as my first unit to clean my own cars, the reason am going with this specific model is because it was recommended and comes in a bundle with few extras most importantly the shampoo/snow foam container, also it is coming with some sort of brush which am not planning to use it no where near the paint due to its harsh bristles, and other takes on this bundle ? or should i go ahead and buy it ??...

Bundle Pack:Karcher K2 Home Pressure Washer 110 Bar With Brush | Ace

thanks,
    I just bought the K3 too!! Ace has it on a new price of AED 599 (was 690). I bought the K3 as it has more power, has wheels and an 8m long hose.

The K2 has a 4m long hose and a little less power.

Moreover, I would never use the accessories that the K2 is coming with.

The foam cannon (bottle lol) which they give is not the same as the one from AG. I tried the included one with my previous pressure washer and then bought the Foam Cannon from AG. Massive difference.

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

They have 25% off today - which is very rare. Get what you need :P If you get the cannon - make sure to choose the Karcher K series attachment.

P.S. You said you are buying the K3 but put the link for the K2. Which one are you getting?

Post Thanks / Like

as for the snow foam I currently can get this only so any real difference from the brans sold on AG ?? or what about using normal car shampoo instead ??...
    Karcher 3-in-1 Ultrafoam Cleaner 1L | Ace[pp_gal]/0/

thanks,
    Until I bought Chemical Guys Honey Dew snow foam, I was just using the soap that I used to wash the car in the foam cannon (Sonax Gloss Shampoo). It was fine....but not great. Since I change to Chemical guys I've seen a huge difference, in foaming ability, soap sticking and easy wash off.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    I just bought the K3 too!! Ace has it on a new price of AED 599 (was 690). I bought the K3 as it has more power, has wheels and an 8m long hose.

The K2 has a 4m long hose and a little less power.

Moreover, I would never use the accessories that the K2 is coming with.

The foam cannon (bottle lol) which they give is not the same as the one from AG. I tried the included one with my previous pressure washer and then bought the Foam Cannon from AG. Massive difference.

Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

They have 25% off today - which is very rare. Get what you need :P If you get the cannon - make sure to choose the Karcher K series attachment.

P.S. You said you are buying the K3 but put the link for the K2. Which one are you getting?
    Hi man,

Its funny we haven't meet by chance so far since we both visit the same store in the same country lol

Can you illustrate the difference between both bottles, am not happy really paying 90+ bucks for a bottle ?! also wont bother with the fittings etc to the karcher, is it about the capacity or what is the difference ?!...

Otherwise ill have maybe to buy the K3 Only without accessories because mostly i dont need them all, and buy the foam cannon from AG as recommended, but really is there difference ?.. sorry i ask that twice i know but am in a hurry wanna get the car washed and test this product soon in no time coz i have no other option ! ...

Yes i meant the K3 not the K2, weird though the K2 is the same price of the K3 on ACE website, maybe that's a mistake, will give them a visit maybe today to check out the discount ur talking about...

thanks m8,

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of an over kill if you ask me...

Post Thanks / Like

LOOL, I bought mine from Sheikh Zayed Road on Saturday evening around 5pm.

Yeah same price - but thats for the K2 in a kit vs K3 alone.

K2 alone is like 299 or something. K3 is now 599.

The cannon is good because its built to foam...It has a dial that lets you adjust the amount of foam vs. water. Its well built and made of brass - so has some weight. The cannon wont stand if its empty, its quite heavy for a bottle lol. (the bottle is plastic, but the top part where the foam comes from is entirely brass).

The cannon also adjusts the flow type of the foam/water. It can be a straight stream or a fan like motion (wide open).

If you don't want to pay $90 for the cannon (which includes the karcher fitting btw..) you can check amazon and others for options. However, the 25% sale is on right now...grab it while you can.

I just changed from a black and decker pressure washer to the karcher - so I had to buy the K series attachment for $14.99 - this is because I know how good the cannon is.

I dont know if others offer the attachment along with it - but check to make sure. Its not a direct connect - you will need an adapter for a foam cannon - any cannon.

The tiny bottle inside the K2 box is not a foamer. It just holds a lot of soap - and is wasteful if you ask me. U need about 4-5 oz of soap in the bottle and it still wont foam - 2oz with some water in a cannon and its a foam party.

My suggestion would be to check videos - I know Karcher has its own foamer as well - but it will be expensive. I saw it at Ace.

Post Thanks / Like

Ali,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd30d4uZH0Y

This is Karcher own brand foam cannon. If it does the job for you get it. Its only 79 at Ace. I cannot post links...but if you go check out Ace website look for Karcher Foam Lance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD7-n_HaCOo

In this video skip to 1:24 - It will give you a good idea, the guy adjusts the foam as well.

At 2:06 its on thick foam.

To be honest....for AED 79 it does a pretty good job. If it were me, I might just get it.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Ali,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd30d4uZH0Y

This is Karcher own brand foam cannon. If it does the job for you get it. Its only 79 at Ace. I cannot post links...but if you go check out Ace website look for Karcher Foam Lance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD7-n_HaCOo

In this video skip to 1:24 - It will give you a good idea, the guy adjusts the foam as well.

At 2:06 its on thick foam.

To be honest....for AED 79 it does a pretty good job. If it were me, I might just get it.
    I just bought the K3 couple of hours ago along with water hose including the universal fittings from ace, I was a bit confused I guess i thought the K3 they had came with the shampoo, brush and the reservoir, I was wrong, they only had the K2 just like in the pic above with all those accessories, so i decided to get the K3 since its higher end module, the salesman was great when I asked for the reservoir (foam lance) *but i think it was 179, or was it 79, anyways..* he said its Not necessary for the K3 since the K3 already got a built in tank for the detergent/soap, the K2 on the other hand doesn't ! so I thanked him and got the unit with their snow foam bottle only, I will give it a try this weekend (hopefully) I hope it all goes well with a damn smile over my FACE .....

also got the discount u mentioned already thanks a lot for reminding me of that so I had to ask ...

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the K3 couple of hours ago along with water hose including the universal fittings from ace, I was a bit confused I guess i thought the K3 they had came with the shampoo, brush and the reservoir, I was wrong, they only had the K2 just like in the pic above with all those accessories, so i decided to get the K3 since its higher end module, the salesman was great when I asked for the reservoir (foam lance) *but i think it was 179, or was it 79, anyways..* he said its Not necessary for the K3 since the K3 already got a built in tank for the detergent/soap, the K2 on the other hand doesn't ! so I thanked him and got the unit with their snow foam bottle only, I will give it a try this weekend (hopefully) I hope it all goes well with a damn smile over my FACE .....

also got the discount u mentioned already thanks a lot for reminding me of that so I had to ask ...
    Congrats man! However, the snow foam bottle and the reservoir wont give you much in terms of foam or even soap for that matter. Thats why the foam lance exists, with the built in foam intensity dials (ratios).

But do try and let us know.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats man! However, the snow foam bottle and the reservoir wont give you much in terms of foam or even soap for that matter. Thats why the foam lance exists, with the built in foam intensity dials (ratios).

But do try and let us know.
    Damit, seems the salesman was too nice after all advising against getting that, i think i got ur idea it's only a reservoir for detergent not something intended for snow foaming, will give them a visit again soon to buy that foam lance whether they like it or not

thanks for the advise much appreciated,,,