autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

More CQuartz Questions

Hi everyone,

I posted a while ago with some CQuartz questions and now I have a few more...

First off - from what I understand coating over it with wax would sort of inhibit the hydrophobic properties of the coating and what not, so I've decided against that... However, is it safe/recommended to use spray detailers? I have one in mind - CG V7 spray detailer, but I'm curious for all detailers including Meguiar's spray detailers.

I'm also curious about washing with CQuartz UK. Can I use any car wash soap (I use Meg's Gold Class) or is there any preferred type of soap?

Also, can CQuartz UK be clayed?

Thanks

RJ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: More CQuartz Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rjk512 View Post
    Hi everyone,

First off - from what I understand coating over it with wax would sort of inhibit the hydrophobic properties of the coating and what not, so I've decided against that... However, is it safe/recommended to use spray detailers? I have one in mind - CG V7 spray detailer, but I'm curious for all detailers including Meguiar's spray detailers.

I'm also curious about washing with CQuartz UK. Can I use any car wash soap (I use Meg's Gold Class) or is there any preferred type of soap?

Thanks

RJ
    You can use spray wax/sealant products but the same issues are there as with wax. You lose the properties of the coating a little bit while that spray product is on.

CarPro offers the spray sealant Reload for use with cquartz.

As for wash I've used many types of wash soap on friends and family coated cars. They recommend to use CarPro reset soap for washing and after trying it I have converted over. Leaves a super fresh glossy surface that looked to me, to be cleaner and glossier than other soaps.

It's ok to use a fine clay on the coating but keep in mind it is abrading the surface when you do it which can affect how long the coating may last. You may want to just use tar x and iron x to chemically decontaminate the finish instead and see if you get the results you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Maintenance:

When washing always use a dedicated car shampoo and wash mitt. we recommend washing with IronX Soap Gel.
    Remove bird droppings from the paintwork as quickly as possible to avoid damage to the coating. Cquartz will protect from those for the first day or two, but not long term.
    Avoid using automatic car washes.
    Use our Reload spray sealant to maintain the coat for longer lasting time.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

First off - from what I understand coating over it with wax would sort of inhibit the hydrophobic properties of the coating and what not, so I've decided against that... However, is it safe/recommended to use spray detailers? I have one in mind - CG V7 spray detailer, but I'm curious for all detailers including Meguiar's spray detailers.Reload would be a compatible spray sealant.

I'm also curious about washing with CQuartz UK. Can I use any car wash soap (I use Meg's Gold Class) or is there any preferred type of soap? If you don't want any wax or polymers to interfere with the hydrophobicity of CQuartz, you can use Reset..leaves nothing behind.

Also, can CQuartz UK be clayed? ThanksYes, but who knows how much of the coating you are removing.

RJ

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

You are correct in no need to wax over. If you want a tad extra pop and more slickness, top it with CarPro Reload or Hydr02. As for spray detailers, it is not necessary honestly. I do personally use Ultima Waterless Wash + as a spray detailer/drying aid on many cars coated with CQuartz Classic, UK, & Finest.

Stay away from Wash & Wax soaps as well as brush car washes. You really need to look into rinseless car washing. Its an absolute breeze with a coated car.

If absolute necessary. Why do you ask?

Thanks

RJ
    See bold answers.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Reset works very well and plays nice with other brands of coatings as well. I apply if during the drying phase. Very nice product.

For soaps I use Reset, and Gyeon Bathe+. Regular soaps can end up not working well as the waxes, and or polymers can make it look like a hazy film.

For rinseless I am also using Ultima, and although it has polymers, it does seem to work well.

I think the best result is using Reset though.
    I have heard of some using Meguires D114 for a water less but havs not tried that yet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My only issue with the Reset shampoo is that it's 30 bucks a liter, and I tend to wash pretty often... Which is why I usually use Meg's Gold Class shampoo (no wax, just wash shampoo). I guess from what everyone's saying it's a matter of seeing what works well, but Reset definitely seems to be the best out there. I have a CG microfiber mitt so using brushes won't be an issue.

The only reason I ask about detailers is because I usually wipe down with one after washing, and would like to keep doing that. I understand that spray waxes are obviously out of the question but I wanted to keep using some sort of detailer that wouldn't leave much behind. Another question about reload, which I plan to use - when is the best time to apply it? I don't plan on getting the truck wet within the recommended 24 hours or whatever the cure time is, so when should it be applied?

I ask about claying just because I usually clay every few months and I know this product lasts about a year. So I was very curious to see what I could do about surface contaminants during that time.

I will look into rinseless washes, I never thought about that, but seems like a great idea for a coated vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
    I have heard of some using Meguires D114 for a water less but havs not tried that yet.
    D114 is pretty amazing for coated vehicles. Incredible cleaning power and lubricity.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    D114 is pretty amazing for coated vehicles. Incredible cleaning power and lubricity.
    Definitely looking into that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Thanks that confirms that I need to order some. Car sits in the garage so it get dusty, but not enough to 2 bucket. Thanks for the feedback!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast