Quote Originally Posted by Haunted house View Post

microflex large from peppy's boys

Never anything wrong with reviving an old thread on this forum....

Time stamp of the first post = 10-22-2007, 03:03 AM

But to answer your question, we sell a number of nitrile gloves on the AG store and without a doubt, the best bang for your buck is to purchase the Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves. My good friend Renny Doyle has a saying that I use all the time to educate people on health safety because what he says is true. I also always give due credit where credit is due....

If it's on your skin it's in you - Renny Doyle

I used to not wear gloves all the time but now anytime time I'm using any of the products that use some form of advanced chemistry, (like coatings), I try to always wear gloves. I don't know what's inside all these hi-tech products that last and last and last.... but whatever it is I don't what it inside of me.

Here's an example from a how-to article I wrote last year where I'm going to have my hands ALL OVER a convertible top spreading and working a chemical called into the weave of the cloth top.... I don't know what's in Ciba Tinuvin but I certainly don't want it in me.

In fact, if you read the below article I say the same thing in post #4

NEW Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush - How to clean and protect a convertible top

Here's a small excerpt from the above article showing why I wear gloves when "touching" chemicals...

Spray protectant onto all convertible top surfaces
Don't worry if you get the product onto paint or glass, it will wipe off easily with a microfiber towel.

Here's the convertible top completely coated with a wet application of the RaggTopp Fabric Protectant.

The Mike Phillips Method for applying RaggTopp Fabric Protectant
The directions state to allow the protectant to dry after application. What I noticed is the product tends to sit on top of the fabric like morning dew on the paint of your car in the morning.

Massage product into the fabric
What I like to do is gently massage the RaggTopp Fabric Protectant into the fabric and into the weave.

The costly ingredient in RaggTopp Fabric Protectant is called Ciba Tinuvin. I don't know exactly what this ingredient is but I know I don't want it on my skin - so were protective nitrile gloves for this step.

Lots of tips for washing, drying and protecting in this full write-up

NEW Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush - How to clean and protect a convertible top

When it comes to your safety, THIN nitrile gloves tear and rip too easily for me to waste time with. The gloves I'm wearing in the above article are thick and strong. If you tear one of these gloves open you are probably doing something that has pushed the strength of the glove past its technological limit and that's just life. So remove it and replace it and move on with your project.

Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves

A box of 100 gloves is $19.00 that makes each glove .19 cents or a pair of gloves to protect your hands and your innards would be .38 cents

That's cheap health insurance over the long run.

If you're in this for the long run, that is you're going to be detailing cars or doing anything where you're working with chemicals, then you can order these gloves by the case. There's only a penny per glove savings so not a huge financial incentive but more of the point of having plenty of inventory on hand. Your budge, your call.

Here's a tip...

Order a size larger than you would normally wear as it makes putting the gloves on faster and easier, especially if it's hot out and you're sweating. In most cases the glove will still be snug around your finger tips and that's all you need for most types of work. I wear the XL size gloves so I get the XXL gloves to wear.

On Autogeek.com

By the box

Medium Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Box of 100

Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Box of 100

X Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Box of 100

XX Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Box of 100

By the case

Medium Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Case of 10 = 1000 gloves

Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Case of 10 = 1000 gloves

X Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Case of 10 = 1000 gloves

XX Large Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves - Case of 10 = 1000 gloves

Stay safe my friends...