autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Dressings

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    And the product on the left is...

Maybe it's the lighting, but the product on the left looks more uniform. I mean if you want it dark, that's great. But I would be good with the results on the left. I would pick the one easier to use if longevity was decent for both.
    The one in the left isn't sold at AG, but look on the smooth plastic above the volume rocker. It's pretty streaky. Silk shine is completely uniform, very easy to use and lasts quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I first clean with a APC then apply Meg's Natural Shine Protectant. It is not oily and leaves a nice shine.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Dressings

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Here is one picture of Silk Shine which is on the right and notice how it is dark, matte, and streak free unlike the product on the left.

Wow! Huge difference! How long does Silk Shine last?
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

I like Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant . Darkens a little, leaves no shine and leaves a slick surface that makes everything very easy to wipe clean for months. Disclaimer its little to slick for steering wheels and seats if you race/autocross (but good for eliminating dragging and wear from sliding in and out of the seat).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Wow! Huge difference! How long does Silk Shine last?
    On a dash, I've seen over a year but on areas that get touched often, closer to a month or so simply because your hands wear it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    The one in the left isn't sold at AG, but look on the smooth plastic above the volume rocker. It's pretty streaky. Silk shine is completely uniform, very easy to use and lasts quite a while.
    Ok, I wasn't looking past the textured part of the plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    Since I spray 303 on a MF application cloth, an MF buffing cloth can reach any place that the application cloth deposited it. For interior use, I rarely spray it directly onto a surface. I know the directions call for that, but I find that can be a wasteful, needlessly messy practice. Why spray any product directly into switchgear when it can be cleaned by spraying the product onto a cloth?

I'm not aware of any interior cleaning/protectant product that works simply by spraying it on a surface and calling it good. If there is one that can vaporize contaminants so no mechanical agitation/removal is required, I'd like to try it.
    I don't spray anything for the interior either. Like you said, it wastes product and i don't want to get it on the windows and have to waste time cleaning it off. It just seems you have to really be on top of that product to keep it from streaking, and no matter how careful you are, there will probably be areas you'll have to go over to buff out. Plus the directions says to have a clean surface first, so it's not intended to be used as a cleaner. I clean everything first. Then I use Silk Shine using a paint brush to get into every crevice and a Terryterry cloth sponge applicator for the major areas. I don't have to worry about how long it sits or if it's going to streak, or if it's in direct sunlight. I do the whole interior, then come back and wipe it all off in the same order. No buffing and no worrying about streaks, and it lasts longer than 3-5 weeks.

I'm just saying if you get a chance, you should give Silk Shine a try. It's highly recommended by lots of people on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    I don't spray anything for the interior either. Like you said, it wastes product and i don't want to get it on the windows and have to waste time cleaning it off. It just seems you have to really be on top of that product to keep it from streaking, and no matter how careful you are, there will probably be areas you'll have to go over to buff out. Plus the directions says to have a clean surface first, so it's not intended to be used as a cleaner. I clean everything first. Then I use Silk Shine using a paint brush to get into every crevice and a Terryterry cloth sponge applicator for the major areas. I don't have to worry about how long it sits or if it's going to streak, or if it's in direct sunlight. I do the whole interior, then come back and wipe it all off in the same order. No buffing and no worrying about streaks, and it lasts longer than 3-5 weeks.

I'm just saying if you get a chance, you should give Silk Shine a try. It's highly recommended by lots of people on here.
    Makes sense, and it may end up in my cart for the current sale. Thanks for the recommendation.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456