autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Dressings

Quote Originally Posted by FreshRides View Post
    Well is it actually "bad" to just clean the area and call it a day? Do the protectants really do THAT much for the vehicles? I feel like it would be like a wax, wears off in a few weeks and only proper maintenance will take care of that. Which most people don't want to do and they don't want to pay me every 2 weeks to do it. Haha.
    Have you ever tried Megs D156 Spray Wax in place of protectant? Some people have reported great results using it that way inside the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Well is it actually "bad" to just clean the area and call it a day? Do the protectants really do THAT much for the vehicles? I feel like it would be like a wax, wears off in a few weeks and only proper maintenance will take care of that. Which most people don't want to do and they don't want to pay me every 2 weeks to do it. Haha.
    I prefer doing more than just cleaning the interior, but I keep my vehicles for a long time, and I want to keep them looking good for as long as I can. No cracked dash hoopties in the home fleet.

If you're detailing professionally, an all-in-one cleaner/protectant would be ideal. If you find that using a separate cleaner & protectant offers something beneficial over an AIO product, adding that process to a higher level detailing package would make sense. Anything that takes more time & product, but delivers superior results, should be priced at a premium, IMO.

WRT 303 protectant, I find that if I keep the interior clean, I can simply re-apply 303 with an MF cloth, wipe on, and buff off the remainder. The MF does a good job of picking up the little dust on the surface, so I don't usually bother with a separate cleaning step. I've found that the key to using most 303 products is to buff the excess product from the surface, as directed. Otherwise, the results are disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    Clean surface, spray on an applicator, wipe on surface, buff off residue. Pretty friendly, IMO.
    How do you buff it off the underside of window switches, steering wheel controls and their boots, and inbetween radio control buttons? Then there are the words "residue" and "streaking" that i don't want to bother dealing with AT ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    How do you buff it off the underside of window switches, steering wheel controls and their boots, and inbetween radio control buttons? Then there are the words "residue" and "streaking" that i don't want to bother dealing with AT ALL.
    Since I spray 303 on a MF application cloth, an MF buffing cloth can reach any place that the application cloth deposited it. For interior use, I rarely spray it directly onto a surface. I know the directions call for that, but I find that can be a wasteful, needlessly messy practice. Why spray any product directly into switchgear when it can be cleaned by spraying the product onto a cloth?

I'm not aware of any interior cleaning/protectant product that works simply by spraying it on a surface and calling it good. If there is one that can vaporize contaminants so no mechanical agitation/removal is required, I'd like to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Recd the CG Silk Shine the other day, like it a lot. Looks great, not too much shine. Thanks to those who suggested it!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer doing more than just cleaning the interior, but I keep my vehicles for a long time, and I want to keep them looking good for as long as I can. No cracked dash hoopties in the home fleet.

If you're detailing professionally, an all-in-one cleaner/protectant would be ideal. If you find that using a separate cleaner & protectant offers something beneficial over an AIO product, adding that process to a higher level detailing package would make sense. Anything that takes more time & product, but delivers superior results, should be priced at a premium, IMO.

WRT 303 protectant, I find that if I keep the interior clean, I can simply re-apply 303 with an MF cloth, wipe on, and buff off the remainder. The MF does a good job of picking up the little dust on the surface, so I don't usually bother with a separate cleaning step. I've found that the key to using most 303 products is to buff the excess product from the surface, as directed. Otherwise, the results are disappointing.
    Yeah that makes sense. I have 3 packages for interiors. Which the base package (Deluxe) is a vacuum, quick wipe down, dress areas wiped down, then apply dressing, and Windows cleaned. So instead I could just use a AIO.

Only thing is when the door panels or center console arm rest are soiled with grease and oils from skin they expect that gone and I know most AIO products can't offer that. Then customers get mad because they don't understand that they have to spend a little more to receive a higher result.

Similar to when I did a wash and wax for an older gentleman this past week. A wash and wax is pretty self explanatory, but he was pretty upset that I didn't get the scuffs out of his outside rocker panels and get the oxidization off the paint. When prior to doing that job I told him that a clay bar treatment is highly recommended. He said anywhere else he would have went would have taken care of them scuffs. In my head I'm thinking, "then take it somewhere else if they're willing to do work for free." Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that makes sense. I have 3 packages for interiors. Which the base package (Deluxe) is a vacuum, quick wipe down, dress areas wiped down, then apply dressing, and Windows cleaned. So instead I could just use a AIO.

Only thing is when the door panels or center console arm rest are soiled with grease and oils from skin they expect that gone and I know most AIO products can't offer that. Then customers get mad because they don't understand that they have to spend a little more to receive a higher result.

Similar to when I did a wash and wax for an older gentleman this past week. A wash and wax is pretty self explanatory, but he was pretty upset that I didn't get the scuffs out of his outside rocker panels and get the oxidization off the paint. When prior to doing that job I told him that a clay bar treatment is highly recommended. He said anywhere else he would have went would have taken care of them scuffs. In my head I'm thinking, "then take it somewhere else if they're willing to do work for free." Haha
    Can't argue with that. I was looking at http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tion-form.html . If you don't already use something like that, it may help demystify the definition of "wash and wax" for your next grumbler.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't argue with that. I was looking at http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tion-form.html . If you don't already use something like that, it may help demystify the definition of "wash and wax" for your next grumbler.
    This is awesome and I am going to use this.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one picture of Silk Shine which is on the right and notice how it is dark, matte, and streak free unlike the product on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

And the product on the left is...

Maybe it's the lighting, but the product on the left looks more uniform. I mean if you want it dark, that's great. But I would be good with the results on the left. I would pick the one easier to use if longevity was decent for both.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast