autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 white toyota tundra help!!!!!

Hello everyone i am new here but have been researching on here for several months. I broke down and bought a pc 7424 da polisher to do my vehicles and family vehicles aslong with some pb products and have had great results so far (only buffing my wifes honda oddyssey and my father-in-laws brand new gmc). So i am diffinately a newbie in the buffing world but have always been obsessed with keeping my vehicles clean. However with life and kids and no time my 2006 toyota tundra has been neglected for a while and now the paint (single stage from what i can understand and the worst paint i have had on any vehicle) is oxidized and looks horrible. I have used cleaner waxes on it and helps very little. So before i set in on it what do i need to restore this truck. I just placed an order of pb ssr1 and have pb ex , pb polish with sealant, pb black hole glaze and pb natty liquid blue. I was looking at duragloss 501 because of the reviews on its cleaning ability. Please someone help this newbie i am lost but love detailing vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 white toyota tundra help!!!!!

Whats pads do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

I too am curious as to what you have available......DG 501 is great product and used correctly can get the results your looking for.

If you can provide a little more info......this forum can help!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I forgot to put that in earlier. I have a yellow, white, and, black ccs pads one of each and a blue and green double sided pad coming should be here end of the week. The green double sided pad is light cut and the blue is a finishing pad. I was also confused about the DG 501 because it being marine rv polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I just did the exact same truck last week. I hate to say it, if you're planning on doing the truck in one sitting, you need more pads. That's a lot of paint to cover. The owner of the Tundra hardly ever did anything to his truck, needless to say it was horrid. Absolutely no reflection at all! After my usual prep, I measured the paint and got many different readings. Based on my findings, I used Hd speed with hybrid orange and blue pads with my flex and LC orange pads on my PC. All together 16 pads used. Even though speed is an all in one, knowing the owner wasn't going to keep up with it, I topped it off with Poxy.
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure the '06 is single stage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendDIY View Post
    Are you sure the '06 is single stage?
    Prolly so.
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Prolly so.
    Only a 10 year old vehicle? I'll be damn. I thought almost any vehicle after 2000 would have a clear coat (barring a repaint). Learn something new everyday I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

As Jay's 128i said, you'll need more pads, especially cutting stage. Lot of ground to cover.
    I also think you need something stronger than PB SSR 1, maybe 2 or 2.5 to be in the PB range you seem to enjoy, for cutting.
    The best scenario would be a rotary with a wool for removing the oxidized paint, and then polish and finish with the pc. The pc alone will take ages, if the truck is as bad as you said it is. But it is your car, not a customer's, so no deadline, you can go slow and steady.
    In case you decide to go with what you got, take it easy, do a test spot, read briarpatch link, and do it with no hurry.
    Good luck and best regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast