autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing water spots from GLASS!!

I cleaned the window, clayed the window, used compound with a DA polisher on the window, polished the window, and still have the water marks. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the water marks?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing water spots from GLASS!!

McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restorer will remove those water spots. To give you a example. I tried other paint polishes and apparently paint polish is not chemically design for glass as it did not really remove the water spots. McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restore remove the water spots and gave the window one heck of a shine! I used a green pad on one passenger window the pad was all black from all the contaminations and dirt that glass cleaner and paint polishes can't remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried the Mckees, but I have used the Wolfgang perfekt vision glass polish with awesome results. I have tried lots of other water spot removers for glass, including machine polishing, and this stuff is the best I have used in 15 years of detailing cars. Pleasant smell, and melts water spots like a hot knife through butter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to clean my windows with Stoner’s invisible glass for removing hard water spots. You can begin by cleaning the glass as normal. Remove the dirt from the surface. Now apply Stoner’s invisible glass to a soft cloth (microfiber cloth) and rub the surface in circular motion until the water spots are removed. After removing the spot wipe the window surface with a clean soft cloth. You should regularly clean your windows to keep water spots at minimum. Use the household cleaning products with caution, because some may contain chemicals which can damage the colour and protective finishes on the car.
    You can refer this article for more information on window cleaning Pro-Tips For Cleaning Windows | Sunrise Cleaning Services

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You can remove them chemically, Or by means of abrasives. The best method i've ever found on water marks and etching that won't come off with the usual methods is #0000 grade wire wool and your favourite glass polish. Then you can follow up with your usual cleaning. I've tried a few water spot removers designed for paint on glass but they just don't cut it. Give it a go

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried a few different product including the steel wool method. This stuff seems to work when the other don't.
    http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on Nu Glass. I've applied it by hand or with machine. It doesn't 'correct' like ceriglass but does great removing spots and cleaning the glass. Good price too.

Post Thanks / Like

I just came across some very hard water spots on my uncles corvette. He flushed water on the surface and let it sit like that. DP Glass Restorer (now McKee's 37) with a cutting pad did nothing. It didn't touch the hard water spots.

The thing that worked was Meguiar's M101 and a cutting pad. I should buy Duragloss Nu Glass. This is the second time I have heard good things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I just came across some very hard water spots on my uncles corvette. He flushed water on the surface and let it sit like that. DP Glass Restorer (now McKee's 37) with a cutting pad did nothing. It didn't touch the hard water spots.

The thing that worked was Meguiar's M101 and a cutting pad. I should buy Duragloss Nu Glass. This is the second time I have heard good things about it.
    If you're still having trouble I'd suggest getting a carpro rayon pad. It has a lot more 'bite' on glass that foam pads don't have. Now, I've definitely used a yellow LC pad to clean glass but if your water spots are that bad you should step up to a rayon pad. I bought one just to use basically once a year on our cars and found that to be all I needed. It also does wonders on glass shower doors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast