autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What sealant/wax has gotten you the longest protection (except coatings)

Quote Originally Posted by FishyX View Post
    Z2 is still the most durable sealant I've tested by a good margin.
    Interesting to hear. It hasn't really changed in 10 years, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Two answers.
    The one that lasted the longest (water beading) was Collinite 476S or 845
    The one that was second best in terms of service but way ahead on appearance was Fuzion.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread thanks guys!

I'd like to try the Sonax PNS and BSD. I hear PNS is a pain in the rear to apply though? and how much does the can of spray last??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    I hear PNS is a pain in the rear to apply though?
    It is. There are plenty of other sealants that will last just as long and are much easier to apply.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

FK1000P has been my winter wax/sealant for over 9 years now. Two coats in Oct. does the job. It will always last until April. It lasted till May this year, due to a fairly mild New England winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Is 156 or it's cousin, UQW even considered an LSP? Yes, it's a "spray wax", but I don't think I'd ever classify it or competitors like Aquawax, Blackfire Polymer Spray, Sonus Glanz, or even Sonax BSD that way. I think they are boosters at best and short term beauty products at worst. They have their place, but I wouldn't rely on them as my vehicle's only source of protection.

Agree for for the most part except OCW IME deffo lasts at least 3 months in harsh Aussie summer costal conditions.
    thats on black metallic paint. ULW a lot of its sheeting after a month or so, who knows if it still functioning from a UV perspective... Same car.
    now I just use collinite 845 as it's as quick to use as a spray wax and I know it's performing.
    this is on the mother in laws car... So I only get to clean it properly every few months...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to try the Sonax PNS and BSD. I hear PNS is a pain in the rear to apply though? and how much does the can of spray last??
    I hear this repeated in many places, but not what I experienced with one of the Competition Ready cars. That time, PNS was sprayed onto a SONAX applicator, spread over the surface and then followed up with a MF towel to buff it off right away. It was all very easy, and not any different from most sealants/waxes I've used.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

What sealant/wax has gotten you the longest protection
    I assume this is a question of time and longevity. I easily get 9 months with Duragloss 601/105. Currently, my last treatment of 601/105 topped with 601/111 (Clear Coat Sealant) is going to surpass that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    It is. There are plenty of other sealants that will last just as long and are much easier to apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I hear this repeated in many places, but not what I experienced with one of the Competition Ready cars. That time, PNS was sprayed onto a SONAX applicator, spread over the surface and then followed up with a MF towel to buff it off right away. It was all very easy, and not any different from most sealants/waxes I've used.
    For those that feel PNS is difficult or has the potential to be difficult to apply here is my method I have used time and time again to apply with ease.

How To: Sonax Polymer Netshield Paint & Wheels
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

@evanJ... I was just about to post a link to your thread. Bar far, your method makes applying PNS a cakewalk.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast