autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads

Hey everyone,

Trying to decide what pads I want to get and right now for my next project ('11 CL550 with regular swirl marks). I'm looking at the 6.5 LC force hybrid grey cutting pads.

Unfortunately AG doesn't have the "force" version for some odd reason (we're waiting on an answer about that in another thread), but it's the one above the orange. They have it in their new thinpro series here.

Has anyone used either the force hybrid grey cutting pad, or the thinpro one?

Is it worth adding to the pad arsenal, and is it really a "cut" above the orange pads?

Thinking about ordering a set in case the orange doesn't cut my hard clearcoat on the CL550 enough to get it to a nice level. I really don't want to be caught with my pants down in case the orange doesn't cut enough to remove years of improper washing swirls.

Really wish I had a rupes mk 2, so I could try this UHS system, but I just can't dish out 500 bucks right now for it

plan on using mckee's fast compound followed by jeweling wax with a white hybrid pad (flex 3401)

Current condition (just for reference. I have posted this in few other threads)

LC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads-6-jpgLC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads-3-jpgLC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads-2-jpgLC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads-1-jpg

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC Hybrid grey heavy cutting pads

Hybrid and Force are not one and the same. As per your title, there are no Grey Hybrid pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used the newest hybrid pad but for aggressive foam, I like CarPro's spider sandwich pad and there Flash pad. I ordered a half dozen of each from another site which has had them for a while now. Don't know why AG is sleeping on these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Hybrid and Force are not one and the same. As per your title, there are no Grey Hybrid pads.
    They are of same foam structure. Only difference is the height between them. They were designed for forced rotation devices where you can put some pressure without the thing stop spinning.

Yeah, looks like I missed the word force on the title. Too late now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    They are of same foam structure. Only difference is the height between them. They were designed for forced rotation devices where you can put some pressure without the thing stop spinning. How many pounds of pressure do you need to stop the 3401 from spinning?

Yeah, looks like I missed the word force on the title. Too late now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    LOL, I meant in comparison with a free rotating DA. you are going to really kill the pads if you do that with a free rotating DA like my PC. if I'm correct, the height of pads have something to do with the heat build up.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I meant in comparison with a free rotating DA. you are going to really kill the pads if you do that with a free rotating DA like my PC. if I'm correct, the height of pads have something to do with the heat build up.
    IMO heat build up is not from how thick your pads are, but transfer of heat from the spindle to the backing plate. You can get any thickness pad, run it at 3000 rpm on a rotary and it will not destroy the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Well help me out and explain why the force pads were made for rotary and forced rotation polishers then lol.

Lake Country - Category Products

as a matter of fact, I don't even see the hybrid line anymore on their website. Perhaps they are now last generation and replaced by these.

Post Thanks / Like

Well help me out and explain why the force pads were made for rotary and forced rotation polishers then lol.

Lake Country - Category Products

as a matter of fact, I don't even see the hybrid line anymore on their website. Perhaps they are now last generation and replaced by these.
    A dense or small cell pad will keep it from absorbing product which in turn will keep the pad cooler. Has nothing to do with the thickness of the pad.
    Most of the pad and backing plate problems comes from heat from the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

The grey pad is the most firm
    pad I've ever felt. Too firm, IMO.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast