autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint Sealant for Glacier White car

PS it'a an urban legend (fallacy) that you need to wait to do anything to a new cars paint. Quite the contrary, the sooner you protect it the better.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much to everyone who's replied so far. Appreciate the input.

I was pretty set on a sealant and was just narrowing it down. But since Cquartz was mentioned as a longer lasting alternative to sealants I did a bit a research on it.
    It appears to be a coating that lasts up to 2 years. Opti Gloss Coat also was mentioned quite a bit as a good coating also.
    So now I'm thinking I should maybe be looking at Cquarts or Opto Gloss Coat for something that will last the longest.

So many options!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    PS it'a an urban legend (fallacy) that you need to wait to do anything to a new cars paint. Quite the contrary, the sooner you protect it the better.
    Good to know thanks.
    I read you just needed to wait 90 days from the paint date to make sure the paint and clear coat has fully cured before going to work on it which is why I was going to try and wait.
    I'm guessing most of that time will have passed anyways by the time it gets over here on a boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neocoma View Post
    Thank you very much to everyone who's replied so far. Appreciate the input.

I was pretty set on a sealant and was just narrowing it down. But since Cquartz was mentioned as a longer lasting alternative to sealants I did a bit a research on it.
    It appears to be a coating that lasts up to 2 years. Opti Gloss Coat also was mentioned quite a bit as a good coating also.
    So now I'm thinking I should maybe be looking at Cquarts or Opto Gloss Coat for something that will last the longest.

So many options!
    Neither of those are products would I personally ever recommend to a person new to paint coatings or as you put it "First time here and first time detailing a car"

There are numerous threads posted here by people how finicky C Quartz can be to apply etc.

Polish Angel "Viking" Coat is designed for winter conditions like you described. They also have Cosmic Coating. These products have serious longevity and exceptional shine along with being super easy to use.

I put the Cosmic two step on my Genesis Coupe a couple weekends ago, bada bling!

Again, these can be found at Autopia. I did this in less than two hours.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Invincible Primer 50 ml.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic 50 ml.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic when paired with Polished Angel Glasscoat Primer takes all the guesswork out of the two-part coating process. In just two simple steps, you can blanket your vehicle with unmatched protection and insane shine that lasts up to two years!

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic combines the durability and shine potential of silica (SIO) and titania (TiO2) to radically increase the durability and corrosion resistance of the coating. Once treated with Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic, your vehicle will be resistant to scratches, swirl marks, water spots, bird droppings, sap, road grime, and just about any other environmental contamination that it faces on the roadways. The finish remains flawless, crystal clear, and incredibly shiny for upwards of two years. If you want to protect your vehicle with a two-part system, look no further than Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic coupled with Polish Angel Glasscoat Invincible Primer.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Primer/ Glasscoat Cosmic:

Viking Coat Beading:

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neocoma View Post
    Good to know thanks.
    I read you just needed to wait 90 days from the paint date to make sure the paint and clear coat has fully cured before going to work on it which is why I was going to try and wait.
    I'm guessing most of that time will have passed anyways by the time it gets over here on a boat
    It's baked at the factory. Mike P has posted many times on here blowing up that legend. It only applies to a repaint and it's for out gassing and it is actually about 30 days.

Mike's Guide to New Car Prep, invaluable advice:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Couldn't agree more.^ Especially when it comes to white colored vehicles, because if they go unprotected for too long the white slowly loses its gleam and turns into more of a tingy off white/egg shell sort of color from all of the contaminants having bonded to the paint. And since the change happens gradually you may not really notice it happened. Paint can still be swirl free and you think it's in tip top shape..

But later down the line when you finally decide to machine compound or polish the paint you may discover something like this.

Paint Sealant for Glacier White car-imageuploadedbyagonline1466031099-911410-jpg

Paint Sealant for Glacier White car-imageuploadedbyagonline1466031141-014296-jpg

The bottom right section after compound.^
    Check out the yellowish color on the rest of the paint. And the whole while I had thought it was looking as good as it could.. Wrong. Lol.
    Protecting the paint from day 1 with a quality wax/sealant/coating, or whatever you choose to use should protect its original condition. Just remember that the more you touch your paint [and that includes washing your car] the more you have to stay on top of maintaining the protective layer/lsp.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my 2cents.
    - Sonax Polymer Net Sheild (you can use Brilliant Shine Detailer as topper or to "boost" the protection
    - Menz Powerlock
    - Blackfire Wet Diamond

I've used JetSeal and wasn't impressed with its lifespan.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here on Jetseal, majorly overrated and majorly disappointed. Perhaps one of my top three all time biggest detailing products waste of money.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I read that Cquartz was a bit tough to use but everyone said that Opti Gloss Coat was really easy so I was leaning that direction.
    But I'll take a look at the Polish Angel as I like the idea of a 2 year life span and ease of use.

Coup looks great. I bought a 3.8L GT in 2010 when they came out, great car, that's what I traded in for the TTS.

Good to know also that I can coat it as soon as I get it which is what I originally wanted to do but was worried about the 90 day wait time I read about.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Merc polar white (non metallic, so getting the shine you are after is even harder ie I am perhaps more motivated..

Sealants are deffo the way to go (assuming having coatings pro applied is not your preferance).

I have over the last 12 months tried a few and without doubt the higher quailty caranuba waxes eg souveran or fuzion appear to yellow or warm the paint color.... the gloss is great but there is (with a number of coats a small colour difference).. the durability is OK easily over a month in harsh Queensland sun but still you wanna wax at least monthly to keep it loking its best...

After re polishing the car the clarity of the white was again evident and i decied to use colinite 845 and it is definately a cleaner glossier finish.. not as smooth but more plasticy looking.. durability is a given 4-6 months..

A simiar look from OTC sealants eg meguiars ultimate liquid wax... also clear and glossy and a small ability to fill.. durability is around a month here though.. (fine as reapplying is crazy easy with all of these)...

So if you want a cheap reliable cheap easy to apply durable glossy clean finish then colinite 845 again is a good choice...

Many of the other recommendations will I'm sure achieve similar results, not sure if many are cheaper. (unless on sale).

All the best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast