autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Fisker Karma, what to use?

(see picture below)

What products should I use on my new (used) Fisker Karma Laguna Blue? I want a deep, rich, glass mirror shine! I was looking for advise on products to use like glaze, wax, sealant, and do I need a polish?

Can you experts help me on the steps and brands to use? I have been reading the forums and I just don't know what brands to use I see things like SF3500 and F400 and I am like what is that for? I really am new to full detailing myself, but I would like to start. Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

Fisker Karma, what to use?-laguna-fisker-karma_zps73d0a975-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fisker Karma, what to use?

I was just about to post that link that bmwgeek posted. Great set of recommendations.

I think you need to first set your expectations. How do you want your paint to look? How willing are you to fork over the money to accomplish what you need to do? Are you willing to put in the time to properly wash and maintain your car (or else the first two things are wasted time and money)?

Also, you may want to read up on the forums about detailing around the photovoltaic cells. I have no idea how to manage those things when it comes to chemicals and detailing.

Once you read up on those recommendations, I'd start with some basic things.

1. 2 buckets with a grit guard
    2. shampoo
    3. clay and clay lubricant
    4. iron-x
    5. LED light to examine for swirls
    6. Decide on a polishing line. Do you need to compound? If so, you'll need a more aggressive polish/compound like Menzerna FG400, Meguiar's m105, HD Cut, etc. If there are only light swirls, or if you've had to compound the car, you'll need a finishing polish like Menzerna SF4000 (now SF3500), HD Polish (or HD Speed for an all in one), Meguiar's m205, or CarPro Essence.
    7. Decide what kind of person you are: do you want to wax every month, wax every 4 months, seal the car, coat the car? If so, there are tons of great waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings out there.
    8. You'll need something for wheels like DUB or 3D BDX.
    9. You'll need something for the tires like Tuf Shine cleaner and then something to dress the tires like Hyper Dressing or Pinnacle Onyx. Tons of options there.
    10. Interior cleaner like DP Total Interior Cleaner (McKee's interior) and a protectant like Aerosapce 303. Fabric coating/protectant and leather care.

This is just a start of the obsession.

You'll also need a dual action polisher. If it's just you and your one car, I'd recommend the Porter Cable or the Griot's Garage 6 inch. If you really want to get busy, invest in the Rupes or Flex or Griot's Garage BOSS.

Of course, pads are up next.

You're looking at a $500+ initial investment...but in reality, if you like what you do, you'll save money in the end on resale. But, maybe not, because then you'll start spending hundreds if not thousands on products that you want to test and enjoy!

The cruel reality of being on Autogeek...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    1. 2 buckets with a grit guard
    2. shampoo
    3. clay and clay lubricant
    4. iron-x
    5. LED light to examine for swirls
    6. Decide on a polishing line. Do you need to compound? If so, you'll need a more aggressive polish/compound like Menzerna FG400, Meguiar's m105, HD Cut, etc. If there are only light swirls, or if you've had to compound the car, you'll need a finishing polish like Menzerna SF4000 (now SF3500), HD Polish (or HD Speed for an all in one), Meguiar's m205, or CarPro Essence.
    7. Decide what kind of person you are: do you want to wax every month, wax every 4 months, seal the car, coat the car? If so, there are tons of great waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings out there.
    8. You'll need something for wheels like DUB or 3D BDX.
    9. You'll need something for the tires like Tuf Shine cleaner and then something to dress the tires like Hyper Dressing or Pinnacle Onyx. Tons of options there.
    10. Interior cleaner like DP Total Interior Cleaner (McKee's interior) and a protectant like Aerosapce 303. Fabric coating/protectant and leather care.
    Grit Guard...Iron-X? Hmm, will have google those and find what those are for.

Interior care, that's not as easy as it sounds if you have never seen a Fisker's Interior. It's a suede and leather mix! How do you seal or care for suede (dash and seats)?
    Fisker Karma, what to use?-66094874-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomak View Post
    Grit Guard...Iron-X? Hmm, will have google those and find what those are for.
    No need to Google. Just search on Autogeek.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomak View Post
    Interior care, that's not as easy as it sounds if you have never seen a Fisker's Interior. It's a suede and leather mix! How do you seal or care for suede (dash and seats)?
    Fisker Karma, what to use?-66094874-jpg
    Nothing that hasn't been encountered before.

Autogeek's Rubber & Vinyl Care products protect your vehicle's dashboard, trim, seats & tires... from the sun and elements. tire dressing, vinyl

Leather Care - Clean, condition & protect leather upholstery with premium, pH-balanced products by Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Lexol, Leatherique, Connolly,

Remove stains from carpet & upholstery inside your car, boat, RV and home with DP, Stoner, 303, Wolfgang, Sprayway, 303 protectant, meguiars

Specifically, suede....

Leather Master Nubuck ECO Protector 500 ml.

Leather Master Nubuck Protector Aerosol 400 ml.

Leather Master Nubuck Cleaner 250 ml., nubuck leather cleaner

303 Fabric Guard 32oz

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Look into Duragloss 111/601. Super glossy and durable.