autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business

as jeffm stated know what you want to make an hour rate,then no the cost of doing business, have a service/price menu set up, then have a few coupon/discount cards made up with a expiration date. example you want $25.00 per hour. standard detail for car is $50.00 =hand wash & dry-light bug & tar removal-clean tires,wheels and wells-dress tires & wells-wipe door jambs-clean all glass-quick vacuum. have special (coupon/discount card as half off for limited time for $25.00 only should take about an hour to hour and half of work.Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business-25-00-off-jpgStuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business-25-00-off-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business-cost-detail-shop-monthly-jpg  
    Last edited by 215Detailing; 06-08-2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: adding image

Newbie Member PerformanceDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the advice guys! Wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

I also give a small discount if the client has their car washed before I get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=215Detailing;1391825]as jeffm stated know what you want to make an hour rate,then no the cost of doing business, have a service/price menu set up, then have a few coupon/discount cards made up with a expiration date. example you want $25.00 per hour. standard detail for car is $50.00 =hand wash & dry-light bug & tar removal-clean tires,wheels and wells-dress tires & wells-wipe door jambs-clean all glass-quick vacuum. have special (coupon/discount card as half off for limited time for $25.00 only should take about an hour to hour and half of work.Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business-25-00-off-jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]49064[/ATTACHI politely disagree.That method of discount road he will never be profitable,I couldn't imagine leaving the house for such little money.calculate the whole picture and he will mind as well look for a job.He as to separate himself from the low end pricing.Dont take this personal in any way.Its gonna take time to build and get quality minded people that will pay and appreciate the hard work.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting $170 for a small to mid size vehicle including clay bar. My paint correction charge is $37 hour. Getting it all day long but im in Maryland

Newbie Member PerformanceDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everybody for the advice. Yesterday I did an interior detail I regret charging 90 for. Took me well over 6 hours, it was filthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceDetailing View Post
    Thank you everybody for the advice. Yesterday I did an interior detail I regret charging 90 for. Took me well over 6 hours, it was filthy.
    That's why you always charge by the hour because some Interiors will take longer than others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12