autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want wax that sheets water!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Then maybe this is will give you an idea on Sonax PNS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBWLxUQiIA
    This makes me smile. Thank you Guz!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschia View Post
    This is a side by side demonstration between beading and sheeting starting at 30s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6zim2_mTT4 I have been detailing full time day in day out for 8 years and probably speak to at least 1000 customers if not more. I have to say that I have given up on trying to convince customer that some coating or products that bead poorly are actually good if not better than some of the super 'beader'. There are time when I try to convince, the customer actually think you are trying to scam them.
    I believe that Zack McGovern wrote a whole article on this forum talking about just such a thing, where beading or lack of is not indicative of protection not being present. With that said, on the same hand, it's hard to stop a customer from driving through an fully automated car-wash after they just paid for for full-paint correction, including a finishing sealant.

I just had a custy tell me how great his car looked after he drove it through a car-wash... this was two days after getting BOSS Fast Correcting Cream & BOSS Finishing Sealant. LOL....

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Beading/Beads
    It is one particular way of showing that
    an LSP's Chemists/formulators have added
    "beading-ingredients" to that LSP.

Just to note:
    They, instead, could have just as easily
    added "sheeting ingredients" to the LSP;
    but, due to the forces that drive the
    LSP-market: their 'Boss(es)' probably
    didn't want them to do so at this moment
    in time.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschia View Post
    This is a side by side demonstration between beading and sheeting starting at 30s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6zim2_mTT4 I have been detailing full time day in day out for 8 years and probably speak to at least 1000 customers if not more. I have to say that I have given up on trying to convince customer that some coating or products that bead poorly are actually good if not better than some of the super 'beader'. There are time when I try to convince, the customer actually think you are trying to scam them.
    Sorry but that is not beading and sheeting. That is beading and less beading.

I know that I am flogging a dead horse with this but everything posted so far is beading. If you spray a water mist onto the surface you will see beads. That is beading! Hydrophobic surface gives beads. The only difference in anything posted has been how hydrophobic it is. If it is too hydrophobic, the water breaks up rather than looking like a sheet. This being said, sheeting should be when a water mist gives a flat sheet - a hydrophillic surface. But there is nothing out there that achieve this.

This is fundamentally a debate on how hydrophobic you guys want your surface to be. The use of the term 'sheeting' is inaccurate or inappropriate as the 'sheeting' products you are all discussing will still bead. A hydrophillic 'sheeting' will never bead, under any application conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post

I know that I am flogging a dead horse with this but everything posted so far is beading. If you spray a water mist onto the surface you will see beads. That is beading! Hydrophobic surface gives beads. The only difference in anything posted has been how hydrophobic it is. If it is too hydrophobic, the water breaks up rather than looking like a sheet. This being said, sheeting should be when a water mist gives a flat sheet - a hydrophillic surface. But there is nothing out there that achieve this.

This is fundamentally a debate on how hydrophobic you guys want your surface to be. The use of the term 'sheeting' is inaccurate or inappropriate as the 'sheeting' products you are all discussing will still bead. A hydrophillic 'sheeting' will never bead, under any application conditions.
    Agree 100%. Bravo.

There is just hydrophobic and less hydrophobic. There is no super hydrophobic beading LSP and super hydrophobic sheeting LSP.

If you want to see a sheet of water, polish all the wax off your hood and throw a bunch of dirt on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sheeting...

I want wax that sheets water!-imageuploadedbyagonline1465250492-658259-jpg

You're welcome.
    Mike Honcho

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post

Interesting point and it make sense regarding the definition of 'sheeting'. I have always enjoyed reading and learning the know why from your posts. 1 observance between the 2 products however is the slickness. The more hydrophobic product tend to feel less slick so my first thought would be to assume that more contaminates will stay on the panel than the other. If all factors remain the same except the slickness, isnt the more hydrophobic product worst off than the other- counter intuitive than the general public perception that more bead is good.

Post Thanks / Like

So are they saying a high beading wax is not as good as one that doesn't bead. The Collinite 845 beads like crazy and looks like water flows off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    So are they saying a high beading wax is not as good as one that doesn't bead.
    I think if someone tells you that they are full of sheet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast