autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?

Guy at pep boys sworn to me it's the same thing. What you guys think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?

Not a chance.

He should stick to selling Air Fresheners.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used Ironx. But I've used the DUB and it appears to achieve the same results as seen by IronX. It's a shame it's getting harder and harder to find. I'm guessing the DUB line is on the chopping block.

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?-imageuploadedbyagonline1465147498-524592-jpg

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?-imageuploadedbyagonline1465147543-909406-jpg

Get it while you still can. It will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it should be the same. Actually, even other products without the color changing feature should be the same. I've been using Chemical Guys Diablo Gel on my car since it was brand new. After 20k miles, I decided to use Iron X on my wheels and guess what! Absolutely ZERO contamination. I was very pleased to see that Diablo Gel really removes iron particles, even though it doesn't have the color changing feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The results aren't fake either... DUB reacts when there's iron particles on the surface.

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?-imageuploadedbyagonline1465147843-652773-jpg

But if there's none, it doesn't just fake it and turn purple.. My cars paint had virtually no color change. Proud moment😌lol.

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?-imageuploadedbyagonline1465147976-995889-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a nice review put together by Todd over on the sister site Autopia.
    Throw Down: Iron Remover Comparisons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Not a chance.

He should stick to selling Air Fresheners.
    Here is a nice review put together by Todd over on the sister site Autopia.
    Throw Down: Iron Remover Comparisons
    Yea, there's 1 sort of major thing missing in that head to head showdown... DUB Wheel Cleaner. Lol. There's not even a mere mention of the DUB in that whole thread.
    So until there's actual proof that the DUB can't compare to IronX, I'd say it's more than ok to say the DUB is comparable to IronX.

But without an actual head to head test it's just like saying Mike Tyson would've whooped Muhamid Ali. [RIP Ali]

Post Thanks / Like

Ric, Im sure at the time of that thread Meguiar's DUB wheel cleaner was too new without any real world reviews/background performance of it to be included in that test. Besides, when everything thinks of the original color changing wheel cleaner what is the first product EVERYONE mentions?

This article was merely put together as a shoot out of iron removers to see how they would stack up. The Sonax Wheel Cleaner was thrown in as a wild card as it too features the color changing properties. It was quickly pointed out that it does not stack up to its opponents and excluded from further testing.

We both have our opinions however wheel cleaners should be left to cleaning wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Ric, Im sure at the time of that thread Meguiar's DUB wheel cleaner was too new without any real world reviews/background performance of it to be included in that test. Besides, when everything thinks of the original color changing wheel cleaner what is the first product EVERYONE mentions?

This article was merely put together as a shoot out of iron removers to see how they would stack up. The Sonax Wheel Cleaner was thrown in as a wild card as it too features the color changing properties. It was quickly pointed out that it does not stack up to its opponents and excluded from further testing.

We both have our opinions however wheel cleaners should be left to cleaning wheels.
    Ok I gotcha.. My answer to your question in the 1st paragraph would be? Sonax?

After reading the rest of your post I'm certain it's Sonax. And to be honest I skimmed though that thread so fast after not seeing DUB part of the initial post in hopes of maybe finding it mentioned later in the thread.. I didn't even know about Sonax failing to measure up to the rest until reading your reply just now. BTW I'm not surprised at all. I can smell hype a mile away and I've always smelled it from all sides with that Sonax. I've seen more than a few vids on youtube of people praising it and I smh everytime at how unimpressive the results are. Not to mention the price tag on that stuff! I'll just keep quiet as I don't have anything nice to say about it. Lol.

Thanks for clearing that up. Your replies are always on point.👍🏽

Post Thanks / Like

No they are not the "same". They contain some same/similar ingredients that chelate iron - that's about it.

I used both these products on my last detail. IronX on paint - Dub on wheels.

I've read multiple threads where people tried Dub on paint, followed by IronX or similar. The consensus is IronX is SIGNIFICANTLY better at removing iron from paint - indicated by the purple color change via IronX after trying Dub.

This makes sense to me, since IronX is designed to do one thing - remove iron from paint. Whereas, Dub is designed to be a wheel cleaner with some iron removing properties.

So, to me, it's kinda like saying "are Menz FG 400 & Poor Boys Polish with Sealant the same - since they both have abrasives?"

No. They are not "the same".

Dub is a great wheel cleaner.

IronX is a great iron remover, but sucks as a wheel cleaner for "normal" cars: because it has no soap/APC component to it. So, while its great at removing iron from wheels on sports cars, it wouldn't be the first choice for a regular car with ceramic pads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast