autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok I gotcha.. My answer to your question in the 1st paragraph would be? Sonax?
    Yes Sonax.

I've seen more than a few vids on youtube of people praising it and I smh everytime at how unimpressive the results are. Not to mention the price tag on that stuff! I'll just keep quiet as I don't have anything nice to say about it. Lol.
    I must say, I don't really have any first hand experience with the Sonax Wheel cleaner other than a sample that was given to me at SEMA 2011 from the Sonax booth.

IME, I don't find any value in it when I can use D143 on the first round to clean the wheel AND tire and then follow up with Iron-X as I have it on hand for the paint anyways.

Thanks for clearing that up. Your replies are always on point.����

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    No they are not the "same". They contain some same/similar ingredients that chelate iron - that's about it.

I used both these products on my last detail. IronX on paint - Dub on wheels.

I've read multiple threads where people tried Dub on paint, followed by IronX or similar. The consensus is IronX is SIGNIFICANTLY better at removing iron from paint - indicated by the purple color change via IronX after trying Dub.

This makes sense to me, since IronX is designed to do one thing - remove iron from paint. Whereas, Dub is designed to be a wheel cleaner with some iron removing properties.

So, to me, it's kinda like saying "are Menz FG 400 & Poor Boys Polish with Sealant the same - since they both have abrasives?"

No. They are not "the same".

Dub is a great wheel cleaner.

IronX is a great iron remover, but sucks as a wheel cleaner for "normal" cars: because it has no soap/APC component to it. So, while its great at removing iron from wheels on sports cars, it wouldn't be the first choice for a regular car with ceramic pads.
    Swanic summed it up

I used both on a white 2004 Forester 2 weeks ago and found out Iron-x is the most efficient way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Swanic mostly has it. Quite simply, the DUB product has significantly less of the active ingredient and it has it in a form which is significantly less suited for the application (aka it dries out too quickly). As swanic says, IX is very poor at breaking down traffic films and such, so it is poor as a wheel cleaner - it can't effectively remove all the non-iron rubbish so it can't get to the iron properly.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Not a chance.

He should stick to selling Air Fresheners.
    Why are people here so quick to knock a product they most likely never tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?

Always hated iron-x. I like the new dodo juice duo product that is a ferrous remover and clay lube in one step. No more multi step Baloney. Why not Decon and clay in one step? I use the 3D iron remover product for wheels only.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Dub wheel cleaner same as iron x?

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Why are people here so quick to knock a product they most likely never tried?
    While that does tend to happen sometimes... This perticular time it was because the research shows. That thread that Mike provided the link to clearly showed Sonax [a product that's been closely compared with the DUB] to be completely inferior to IronX. And if the DUB is closely compared by many to rival the Sonax, then I think we can all agree that they're both not quite on that upper level.

And then you include the detailed information that was provided by PipuK, such as the DUB not containing anywhere near the amount of active ingredients compared to IronX, and how they're both formulated to work for their specific intended purpose etc... I love a good debate more than anyone, but I also try to keep an open mind at all times and after learning those specific facts I've got no argument against it. They convinced me.

But that doesn't mean I suddenly think the DUB is crap by any means... I really like it for a few reasons:
    I like the fact that it's readily available to purchase locally.
    It's fairly priced.
    It's easy to use, pretty much fool proof.
    The reasons I mentioned also make it an easy option for someone looking to try the whole iron deposit removal process for the very 1st time without having to fork up much coin.. I think it serves great as a beginner step and can help you decide whether it's a must have tool/service for you to offer. 1 thing's for sure, at least it doesn't do any harm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Always hated iron-x. I like the new dodo juice duo product that is a ferrous remover and clay lube in one step. No more multi step Baloney. Why not Decon and clay in one step? I use the 3D iron remover product for wheels only.
    I like this concept. I actually tried to combine the decon and clay step once using TRIX plus a Nanoskin. Wrecked the Nanoskin, I think because of the organic solvents in the TRIX needed to remove tar. I've been meaning to try Iron-X as a "clay lube," but haven't gotten around to it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Nanoskin Iron Free?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I've read multiple threads where people tried Dub on paint, followed by IronX or similar. The consensus is IronX is SIGNIFICANTLY better at removing iron from paint - indicated by the purple color change via IronX after trying Dub.
    So, has anyone used IronX and then used IronX again immediately afterward and got no color change the second time? Unless you see that, you have no idea if it's working correctly or just changing color every time.

I have never used any ferrous decon product so I have no dog in this fight. Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    So, has anyone used IronX and then used IronX again immediately afterward and got no color change the second time? Unless you see that, you have no idea if it's working correctly or just changing color every time.

I have never used any ferrous decon product so I have no dog in this fight. Just curious.
    I've actually tried this with the Griot's wheel cleaner which also has the same color-changing makeup. I saw less bleeding on the 2nd application but I don't live in an area with high levels of iron. I think DUB and the GG wheel cleaners cannot be accurately and legitimately judged until they are comparison tested. Anything else is just inference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast