autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water Spots After Washing

I like using Duragloss Water Spot Remover. It's not like 3D Eraser or Spotless, instead it's like a quick detailer (well it's a spray) and works better than a quick detailer at removing recent water spots from paint.

I'd also suggest doing rinseless washes if you're washing in direct sunlight instead of traditional washes. It's much faster and easier to avoid spots when only getting a panel wet at a time.

Or you could wash at night.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WT Taggart View Post
    I would suggest using a foam cannon if you have a power waster and make sure you use a PH balance car shampoo. Don't rinse until you completely washed the vehicle. I rather leave the PH Balance shampoo on the vehicle then water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes the above post is this is the correct way to wash a car in the sun. Leave the PH balanced car soap on the car till you are finished washing , then rinse. After removing the car soap, spray the car down with quick detailer to avoid water spots and dry with a waffle weave. I personally prefer washing the car with a synthetic wool wash mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Yes the above post is this is the correct way to wash a car in the sun. Leave the PH balanced soap on the car till you are finished washing , then rinse. After removing the soap spray the car down with quick detailer to avoid water spots and dry with a waffle weave. I personally prefer washing the car with a synthetic wool wash mitt.
    Down here in Florida that soap would be baked onto the car finish in a matter of minutes.

I washed my neighbors Black 370Z last weekend at 9:00am and could barely get it dry w/o spotting. The sun is killer down here.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Down here in Florida that soap would be baked onto the car finish in a matter of minutes.

I washed my neighbors Black 370Z last weekend at 9:00am and could barely get it dry w/o spotting. The sun is killer down here.
    Just wondering. Have you ever tried washing a car in the hot sun in Florida using PH balanced car soap and not rinsed the vehicle until you have washed the whole car? I am pretty sure if you let the soap dry on the car while washing there will not be any water spotting and it will rinse right off and not damage the paint

Post Thanks / Like

I wash and dry one panel at a time if I don't have enough shade.

I just have to re-dry a part of the previous panel after washing the next panel. It's a PITA but water spots DRIVE ME CRAZY!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Just wondering. Have you ever tried washing a car in the hot sun in Florida using PH balanced car soap and not rinsed the vehicle until you have washed the whole car? I am pretty sure if you let the soap dry on the car while washing there will not be any water spotting and it will rinse right off and not damage the paint
    I've done it with Duragloss Shampoo and it's left less than desirable results in the Kansas summer heat. I wouldn't let anything dry on my car's paint when it's directly in the sunlight and hot. What if the buffers - the components of the shampoo that maintain a neutral pH - are evaporated at the high temperature that panel is at? Some pH neutral soaps may use different ingredients/buffers with varying temperatures by which they can tolerate.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a garage and I've switched to rinseless for most of my washing and it's great; no water spots. Every now and then I like to get a full 2 bucket wash in, but I try to do those early in the morning before the sun stars blazing.

I use Duragloss 931 for the rinseless wash.
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wagner View Post
    CR spotless = no spots and problem solved
    Works out to almost a dollar a gallon (in Canadian dollars). Might as well buy or make distilled water and build a gravity-fed water tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Works out to almost a dollar a gallon (in Canadian dollars). Might as well buy or make distilled water and build a gravity-fed water tank.
    Depends on the TDS level of your water so you can't say it's almost a dollar per gallon. High TDS levels will result in fewer gallons of DI water produced and vice versa. For me it's not even close to a dollar per gallon.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Water spots is why I have switched to rinseless wash. You can do one panel at a time with no spatter, and I can use soft water from my inside taps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast