autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Armor All Products ?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes !

11 16.67%
  • No !!...

50 75.76%
  • I Don't Know...

5 7.58%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Question armor all products,

what's wrong with armor all products ? since many people seem to dislike them, unfortunately they are the only choice over here in the Gulf region, along with Turtle wax, well not the only ones, but the DOMINANT products all over hyper-marts, shops, grocery stores lol etc... they are pretty obvious on the shelves that make you wanna buy them and forget about everything else, am using most their products, so what's really wrong with them especially for car interior.leather care etc. ??..

(ps. IMHO I like their wash and wax waterless solution and go buy a bottle whenever its finish, i dont recommend waterless for body/paint, but it really does incredible work cleaning the glass *exterior* (no streaks whatsoever) and gives crystal clear vision in direct sunlight so far its my favorite thing to clean the glass..)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: armor all products,

You're on the internet. Welcome to Autogeek.net You now have the option to purchase hundreds if not thousands of different other car care products besides Armor All.. Pretty cool huh? Lol.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You're on the internet. Welcome to Autogeek.net You now have the option to purchase hundreds if not thousands of different other car care products besides Armor All.. Pretty cool huh? Lol.
    As i said am living in the gulf and armor all is dominating the market over here, and yes am on autogeek.net that's why am asking this question obviously !, and i don't have the option to buy thousands of stuff online coz that would cost almost the double when it comes to shipping, what's so cool about that !?!?....

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping is a pain for us all.. That's why it's a good idea to buy in bulk. Gather up a cart full of stuff you know you're bound to end up needing eventually, stuff like wheel & tire cleaner, car wash shampoo, all purpose cleaner, leather cleaner/conditioner, toss in that special lsp, polish, or spray wax you've always wanted to try and before you know it you've got $150 worth of goodies that ships for free and tax free to boot. Catch it on a sale weekend and the already good prices can be dropped another 10-15%
    Now that's value.👍🏽

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm they usually offer free shipping on orders over $150. Or I think you can use the code "ago" and it is a promo code for free shipping.

Now to the question why is armor all "bad?"
    Answer: Well for most people that want to not only enhance the look of their interior but also protect for years to come petrol solvent based products are not good for your VRP(vinyls rubbers plastics). Some Armor all products contain a lot of petrol solvent based silicones. Another reason why you do not want petrol solvent based products is because it also attracts dust. In recent years Armor all has updated their formulas on some of their products to be water based but not all of them. The quick way you can tell if it is solvent based is the product label will say "Contains Petroleum Distillates" and/or "Flammable." Another quick way you can usually tell if it is water based is if the product is milky. Petroleum based solvent products are clear looking. You're welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    Ummm they usually offer free shipping on orders over $150. Or I think you can use the code "ago" and it is a promo code for free shipping.
    The OP stated he lives overseas, so those offers won't apply. As far as the "petroleum base" for Armor All (interior products)...they stopped that....30+ years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I live where the OP lives...I once made a mistake of ordering HD speed and HD poxy along with Aerospace 303 ( one each). Shipping.... $247 , order amount $150 ish dollars.

Never again!

OP - pass by Ace Hardware (Dubai Festival City branch), plenty of Meguairs products to choose from. Once you use real products you will see why armor all is bad. I was an armor all guy till I learned about good products 2 years ago. You can also pass by Meguairs Middle East in Sharjah open daily from 9am - 4pm except Friday. Call them and tell them what you want and you can pick it up a couple days later once they bring it from their warehouse. Hell, it costs 40% less than Ace Hardware for any of the consumer line products and you can buy a lot of products from the Detailer/Professional line.

If you buy from Megs Middle east their prices are quite close to AG and Meguairs. Worth a shot. Make a nice list and drive down. My last order with them was about AED 800 ($217). All that from AGO would have also costed about AED 800 but shipping would be like 15 kg lol as I bought a gallon sizes. Shipping all that would cost another AED 1100 ($300). No thank you....

Post Thanks / Like

My bad, for some reason when he said "gulf" I thought he meant Louisiana! Lol. Damn I feel stupid right about now._. Ha! Nevermind..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aliitp View Post
    what's wrong with armor all products ?
    since many people seem to dislike them,

so what's really wrong with them
    especially for car interior.leather care etc. ??..
    I can't understand why some people
    hate on Armor All.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I can't understand why some people
    hate on Armor All.

Bob
    I can't either. I know that the products used to be silicone or petrolum based with caused many issues. Their tire dressing is water based now and is on par with most other water based dressing. I have been using my old bottle of Armor All on my work car's tires. Does a decent job for a product you can pick up OTC. It's not my favorite dressing but it gets the job done.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast